• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungWolf

World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Yo
Reaction score
What do we think Nuno will go with then?

I can see him playing a 352 again, as maybe he feels there is a lack of creativity between N'Diaye and Saiss together. That said, I can also see us setting up as normal away from home, solid shape which then allows us to win the ball min midfield as we normally do and break on Fulham, who aren't great at the back.

My team would be

Ruddy

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty N'Diaye Saiss Douglas

Cav Costa/Leo Jota​

Hopefully Costa is fit for this, he gave them the round around last year at their place as did Cav. This is a big game for Fulham and it wouldn't surprise me if we can capitalise on some nerves on their part. When we went to them last year they were playing very well and we weren't in that great shape but managed to produce a very good away performance, with a far worse team than we currently have.

I can't wait to be there anyway!

A midfield two of N'Diaye and Saiss is too meh for me, I'd play MGW. And I'm sorry but Ruddy was shocking in the second half yesterday and I'm tired of watching shanked balls out of play, lets give Norris a chance. My team would be

Norris

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty MGW Saiss Douglas

Cav Leo Jota​

First game I've been to for a couple of years so unfeasibly excited. Bit gutted that I won't see Neves in the flesh but that's the only negative to what should be a great day out. I just hope for a performance worthy of our outstanding league position.

We have to start passing the ball better.

Ruddy

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty N'Diaye Saiss Douglas

Cav Leo Jota

-------------Ruddy----------------
---Bennett---Coady------Boly ----
Doc---MGW-------Neves------Doug
--------Costa-------Jota--------Cav-----

Doc---MGW-------Neves------Doug
--------Costa-------Jota--------Cav-----

Neves is banned

With Neves booking last night my optimism about getting even a point evaporated. I find it hard to wash away years of being a defeatist Wolves fan despite this season.

I'd bring Leo back for this one and start MGW and Saiss. Ruddy to keep his place.

Mir on the bench instead of Afobe - I just don't think he's anywhere near the standard we need unfortunately.

I'd bring Leo back for this one and start MGW and Saiss. Ruddy to keep his place.

Mir on the bench instead of Afobe - I just don't think he's anywhere near the standard we need unfortunately.

Front 3 the same. Might be a doubt on Costa as he took a hefty knock in the 1st half and was still limping 10 mins later. Afobe might be out anyway as he go injured as well but we couldn't sub him.

MGW and Saiss for me in midfield...although Alf has managed to score 2 in 3 games despite only putting in one decent performance in those games.

Leo for Costa and Saiss for Neves. Stick to what has got us in this position, no need to change formation imo. Time for Leo to rediscover his early season form

Ruddy

Bennett--Coady--Boly

Doherty--N'Daiye--Saiss--Douglas

Costa--Leo--Cav​

Subs: Norris, Vinagre, Mir, MGW, Jota, Goncalves, Batth

Jota looked knackered to me and MGW would be pushing Leo/ Costa for a place. I think Leo will be better suited for Flum as he can hold the ball up and we know Flum look to play football so may fall into our hands.

I don't see a place for Afobe in this game at all so better off with Mir on the bench. MGW or Jota can come on to make a fluid front 3 if Nuno decides he wants to go that way and would give Flum a new set of problems.

We struggled when pressed last night and the change in formation just sent us even more into confusion so getting back to what we know is probably the best for now and it worked earlier in the season so going back to it should be easy.

Front 3 the same. Might be a doubt on Costa as he took a hefty knock in the 1st half and was still limping 10 mins later. Afobe might be out anyway as he go injured as well but we couldn't sub him.

MGW and Saiss for me in midfield...although Alf has managed to score 2 in 3 games despite only putting in one decent performance in those games.

Agree with both of you. N'Daiye is shit imo. I cannot see any reason to make his signing permanent. Can't fathom why peeps are putting him in their team.

Doc---MGW-------Saiss------Doug
--------Costa-------Cav or Leo--------Jota-----

N'Diaye isn't shit, that is overly harsh. He has put in some very good performances this season for us. However, he clearly doesn't have the quality that Neves does nor has he quite fit the system as Saiss has over the course of the season. I don't think I would sign him either but for his role this season he has been a good addition to the squad.

I'd be reluctant to drop Ruddy despite his howler but wouldn't be disappointed if Norris played.

I'd go with:

Ruddy

Bennett--Coady--Boly

Doherty--MGW--Saiss--Douglas

Costa--Jota--Cav​

If any of the front three aren't fit or are rested then I'd go with Leo instead.

I wouldn't start MGW in a two at the moment. He's played there twice I think so would be a bit much to throw him in to a game where we may not have as much possession too.

Ruddy
Bennett Coady Boly
Doc Saiss Ndaiye Douglas
Costa Leo Jota

If the wing backs are knackered

Ruddy
Bennett Coady Boly Douglas
n'diaye Saiss
Costa MGW Jota
Leo

Still reeling from last night, the only time Neves has missed a game was against Blues back in December. We won if not convincingly. I’d be tempted to put MGW alongside Saiss.
If we are going to play Leo from the start who are we dropping to the bench Cav or Costa. Personally I’d have Cav on with half hour to go as an impact or at half time if it’s not working.
Big 4 games coming up if we get the other side of 80 points after them I’d be delighted.

Looks like Fulham "rested" a few players last night for this.

My team:
-------Ruddy-----

Bennett--Coady--Boly

Doherty--N'Daiye--Saiss--Vinagre

Costa--Leo---Jota

As much as I like Afobe, he's not the player who benefits the team at present. Leo brings more to the table linking play with the others. A rest has probably done him good and should be in the team for Saturday. Keep the defence the same with Saiss coming in for Neves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back