• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruddy

Bennett--Coady--Boly

Doherty--N'Daiye--Saiss--Douglas

Costa--Leo--Cav​

Subs: Norris, Vinagre, Mir, MGW, Jota, Goncalves, Batth

Jota looked knackered to me and MGW would be pushing Leo/ Costa for a place. I think Leo will be better suited for Flum as he can hold the ball up and we know Flum look to play football so may fall into our hands.

I don't see a place for Afobe in this game at all so better off with Mir on the bench. MGW or Jota can come on to make a fluid front 3 if Nuno decides he wants to go that way and would give Flum a new set of problems.

We struggled when pressed last night and the change in formation just sent us even more into confusion so getting back to what we know is probably the best for now and it worked earlier in the season so going back to it should be easy.

You've got too many loanees in your squad. Only 5 allowed.

We have to start passing the ball better.

Ruddy

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty N'Diaye Saiss Douglas

Cav Leo Jota

I like this team but I'd start Costa instead of Cav., and bring him on as an impact sub. When Nuno did this before, it was quite successful.

A midfield two of N'Diaye and Saiss is too meh for me, I'd play MGW. And I'm sorry but Ruddy was shocking in the second half yesterday and I'm tired of watching shanked balls out of play, lets give Norris a chance. My team would be

Norris

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty MGW Saiss Douglas

Cav Leo Jota​

Empathise with your feelings on Ruddy after the howler but Nuno was a keeper and will back his number one, so Ruddy will stay in. Otherwise I like your team MGW to start. Should be good for a point here.

Empathise with your feelings on Ruddy after the howler but Nuno was a keeper and will back his number one, so Ruddy will stay in. Otherwise I like your team MGW to start. Should be good for a point here.

My man issue with Ruddy is the spannering it out of play, all goalkeepers make a couple of howlers a season.

It'll be an anticlimactic team line up on Saturday at 2pm, IMO. Saiss will come in for Neves and that'll be it.

I can't see Nuno dropping Ruddy, and I can't see MGW being thrown in to a midfield two away at one of the best teams in the division.

What that does mean, is it gives us the option to bring Leo and/or MGW on for whoever is most knackered out of Costa, Cav & Jota in the second half. N'Diaye, for all of his inconsistencies, has scored 2 goals in his last 3 games and Nuno will like his physical presence in the middle. He's good at driving forward with the ball too, which will probably come in handy on the counter as we won't see as much of the ball with Neves out.

Personally, I'd have Norris in the starting line up, but I can't see Nuno making any other changes than the enforced one of Saiss for Neves. No way is he throwing Vinagre back in from the cold for a game like this either.

Ruddy

Bennett
Coady
Boly

Doherty
Saiss
N'Diaye
Douglas

Costa
Leo
Jota

Let's get back to basics here. Most of Jota's standout performances have been with Leo in the side. They link up so well together. Afobe has had his chance now.

I prefer Cavaleiro to Costa but I think Cav is much more effective coming off the bench than Helder.

MGW is pushing hard for a start but we'll go with the experience of N'Diaye for what is sure to be a tough midfield battle.

Looking forward to it!

Costa and Cav murdered them last year so they both need to start. Saiss for Neves the only change.

Even though I was all for Afobe starting over Leo, I think we need to go back to what we know worked at the start of the season.

Jota, Leo, Cav with Costa to come on.

It'll be Saiss and Alf, who played ok last night. And as said is in scoring form.

Looking forward to this one - always a good day out

Would prefer to see MGW in for Neves as don't see Fulham as a Cardiff style clog dancing tribute act so N'Daiye's extra physicality is not overly important, but suspect that Nuno will go for the latter's extra experience.

As to the Ruddy question don't expect a change - he will know that he got it wrong & be more determined to add to the clean sheet number. Do that & we win as wouldn't expect zero goals in this match

Really looking forward to this. Gonna be fucking cold though, especially being next to the river.

Rugby in a pub somewhere , then mosey on over.

I really hope Leo comes in on Saturday with Jota and Cav either side, sad on Costa for me but bring him on to run at them second half. I would bring MGW in with Saiss because they have similar in Macca and Cairney and I feel MGW can run rings round Macca.

And I love Benik but its just not going to work in this set up. Leo is miles the better and brainer striker for me and he works so well with Jota, Cav and Costa up top.

A head's up in case anyone going is unaware but there is no service on the relevant bit of the District line tomorrow.

Can either head for Hammersmith or use the overground to Putney - both a little further to walk but not by much. Numerous drinking holes on the way from either

Just me that thinks Saiss might compliment N'Diaye better than Neves, then?

I really hope Leo comes in on Saturday with Jota and Cav either side, sad on Costa for me but bring him on to run at them second half. I would bring MGW in with Saiss because they have similar in Macca and Cairney and I feel MGW can run rings round Macca.

And I love Benik but its just not going to work in this set up. Leo is miles the better and brainer striker for me and he works so well with Jota, Cav and Costa up top.

Biggest issue for me now is that we're bringing on Benik instead of Bright, who probably has a higher ceiling than Afobe regardless and has shown to work in this system.

I'm afraid his time in a Wolves shirt may be running out.

Biggest issue for me now is that we're bringing on Benik instead of Bright, who probably has a higher ceiling than Afobe regardless and has shown to work in this system.

I'm afraid his time in a Wolves shirt may be running out.

I said that when Benik came back it may stunt Bright.
I dont mind him if he had come on for Costa itnwould have been ok

Bright is injured and has been for all the games Benik has been here.

Bright is injured and has been for all the games Benik has been here.
Is he? Don't think I ever heard about that. Has the club said what happened?

It'll soon be time to stop caring about Bright, that ship has likely sailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back