• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve never played with a striker though really.

This is what I think too, I'd always assumed Mir would be more of a Leo than a Benik but haven't seen enough of him to know if this is the case, maybe he just hasn't turned out as Nuno hoped he would

This is what I think too, I'd always assumed Mir would be more of a Leo than a Benik but haven't seen enough of him to know if this is the case, maybe he just hasn't turned out as Nuno hoped he would

I think that is the case.

We play with three forwards.

You mean a false nine when we play Jota, Cav and Costa and an old fashioned number 10 when we play Leo. The other two players are inside forwards with essentially a free role as they play deeper than traditional forwards. They also play between the lines of defenders and midfielders both in horizontal and vertical senses of position. This allows them more freedom and confusion for the defenders. I would not call them forwards in the traditional sense of the player description.

Which is why Afobe will never fit this system or a Jamie Vardy/ Bully type forward.

Mir is for the future and would have had more minutes of we didn't sign Afobe. He's nothing like Leo from the small amount I have seen. Against Swansea he was sitting on the shoulder of the last defender looking to run in behind. Problem was he was completely ineffective, he didn't hold the ball up, didn't win anything in the air and didn't look comfortable running with the ball. Partly it was down to the rest of the team playing poorly and no service but he didn't get involved enough.

It's far too early to tell if he won't be good enough longer term Real Madrid don't tend to sign crap so he obviously has something.

At the moment however we need our strongest team out and that puts him behind the current front 3 then Leo and Afobe.

As for today first attacking sub should be MGW followed by Leo, Afobe hasn't done enough IMO.

Understandable if true, looked knackered on weds and getting kicked to shit every week will take its toll.

Confirmed, jota on bench.

Nice looking line up and the ability to bring Jota in if things aren't going well is great. Side looks balanced no complaints from me.

not sure why we need 3 defenders on the bench though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back