• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

This is it Mendes was involved last season so where the complaints then? Oh because we came 15th no one gave a shit.
Are Villa hoping we get docked points so they can leapfrog us.
Basically asking the authorities to investigate what they’ve already investigated.

So who are the 12? Basing that on the almost half the 25 players we've signed are from mendes,Leeds are probably pissed at us because we sold them lonergan,dunno why Derby are pissed,and villa are pissed because Dr tony wasted his money on experience rather than quality youth

There will be some substance in this as Percy is credible. Nothing will come of it though, purely jealousy

Seems they are all moaning because we have signed top quality players and haven't paid ridiculous fees for them like these clubs have and are not paying them stupid wages. Who knows what the next thing clubs are going to come up with to try and stop us getting promoted.

Releasing this shit in the week we play two of the complainants is a low disruption attempt.

Hopefully creates a siege mentality and makes us stronger

It’s purely mind games IMO. Nothing more.

The clubs involved can’t beat us on the pitch so they’re trying to come up with other ways to get at us. As Punts says, hopefully it has the opposite effect and gives us extra motivation (not that we need it) to get the job done over the remainder of the season.

The EFL have already looked in to things and found nothing wrong - why would they now? Ultimately these other clubs are jeleous of the connection/s we now have because they don’t have it themselves. Well suck it up, I’m afraid.

I’m not surprised at all that other clubs have gone down this route to try and rock the boat - it’s their last attempt at getting under our skin before we say goodbye to this league for a very long time. They’ll know deep down that the people that run Wolverhampton Wanderers are smart businessmen with a very, very clever business plan in place. They’ll also know there’s nothing wrong.

Mind games. Nothing more, nothing less. Tony & Villa have some fucking brass neck, though.

Ah so Derby are bottling it because Wolves have signed some of the best young players in Europe and Leeds have only won 2 in 13 because we have the odd coffee with Jorge Mendes.

Well that's me convinced.

The unfortunate thing about all this is that shit sticks. A mate of mine who doesn’t even like football sent me that article on WhatsApp yesterday. When people see this stuff without knowing the facts they just assume it’s correct.

The unfortunate thing about all this is that shit sticks. A mate of mine who doesn’t even like football sent me that article on WhatsApp yesterday. When people see this stuff without knowing the facts they just assume it’s correct.

Exactly the reason they're doing it.

We'll just have to get used to it though, this summer is going to be rammed with this sort of stuff. Dave the Man Utd fan from Slough who reads the Sun and listens to TalkShite won't be happy when Wolves are spending similar amounts of money to his club of choice.

Like everyone else has said though, siege mentality. Fuck everyone else.

Leeds fan on Twitter has just said we were instrumental in getting them docked 25 points in two years... can't say I'm familiar with that one.

So we have moved from being accused of spending too much and facing FFP penalties to not spending enough on decent players, so they must be part owned by Mendes??

So we have moved from being accused of spending too much and facing FFP penalties to not spending enough on decent players, so they must be part owned by Mendes??

Yeah. The argument is changing like the wind. In many ways, this season has been hilarious and really shown the worst of some rival clubs and fans.

Our foreign players won't like the cold weather. It's a long old season and we lack Championship experience. We should have got an English Manager with knowledge of the Championship. We've spent too much money, we're breaking FFP rules. We're not spending enough money because the players have turned out to be good. Moan, moan, moan, moan. It's laughable, really.

Ultimately, where were these letters of objection last season when we were languishing around 15th place? Mendes helped with some transfers last season, but because we were mid/lower-table fodder, no one cared. When you're at the top, you're there to be shot at - in more ways than one, it seems.

I have absolute trust and faith in the team running the club right at the very top, that they know exactly what they're doing and adhering to the rules. It's been a really poor show from some of the other clubs and their fans this season, it really has.

I don't mind it from fans. Lets be honest if we were sat doing what we normally do and having a boring uneventful season and a similar sized club were able to sign Neves, Jota etc we would talking about it and trying to work out how it is being done and no doubt some accussing them of cheating the system. Its a bit fucking rich though when clubs who have abused system (Leeds, punished for it and Villa close to it if they mess up this season) and spent shit loads of money for zero return desperatley scratching around to find a reason why we should be looked at.

Oh and good stuff from the E&S to quickly get a story out defending the club from the attacks from the media and clubs....

Back