• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Middlesbrough can $#@! off, Pulis is a stain on football.

Who else is going to crash the play offs? Britol City and lee johnson? eeeew ! Sheffield Utd is ok, but seem to be stalling a bit. I fear Pulis is timing his run very nicely.

It's hard to bother listening to what they say when they can't even get the basics right. At the start, talking about the Football League it comes across as if they're saying Wolves were established in 1888 and 5 minutes in it appears we play at "Molyneux"... Urgh
And again with the Mendes is "heavily involved behind the scenes"...Is he fuck

Pre-tax loss of £23.2m - does this change anything FFP wise?

Pre-tax loss of £23.2m - does this change anything FFP wise?

Nope, made profits of around £5m over the previous 2 years so around a £15m loss over the 3 year period. Nowhere near the £39m threshold.

Tim doesn't seem to grasp the fact that transfer fees for players are written off over the lifetime of their contract. He posts that we are due to have another sizeable loss due to spending £20m since the end of last season but in reality, accounts wise that would only equate to £5m if the average length of contracts on those players is 4 years (I think that Neves has a five year deal?). The player sales this season would come into the accounts as a profit as those sold would have minimal value left from the fees paid for them.

We'll still make a loss in this financial year (2017/18) but I don't think that it will be as high as some believe.

I've heard the good thing about FFP is incomings are amortised and outgoings are lump figures regardless if the fee received is amortised or not. Might even have read that on Dan's FFP post not sure.

We're easily within the framework.

Tim doesn't seem to grasp the fact that transfer fees for players are written off over the lifetime of their contract. He posts that we are due to have another sizeable loss due to spending £20m since the end of last season but in reality, accounts wise that would only equate to £5m if the average length of contracts on those players is 4 years (I think that Neves has a five year deal?). The player sales this season would come into the accounts as a profit as those sold would have minimal value left from the fees paid for them.

We'll still make a loss in this financial year (2017/18) but I don't think that it will be as high as some believe.

Tim proving he really is dim.

So we need to lose less than £22.65m this year to comply with FFP. That's actually going to be pretty tight I think

So we need to lose less than £22.65m this year to comply with FFP. That's actually going to be pretty tight I think

Not really... Neves £16m over a 5 year contract means he only accounts for an extra £3.25m on this seasons books. Jota will sign on for next season. All of the money raised by selling Bod and Dicko (£6m) Edwards (£1m) immediately offsets that (plus all out other sales/releases) then divide our other transfers (plus wages) by the length of the contract and we're pretty clear and free

Does the loss figure include amortised transfer fees? Because if it does then I think it will be tight for FFP, but if it includes them as a lump sum we are laughing (especially with the fees we recouped this season)

Does the loss figure include amortised transfer fees? Because if it does then I think it will be tight for FFP, but if it includes them as a lumo sum we are laughing (especially with the fees we recouped this season)

The figure will include whatever it cost us to pay off 3 managers too...

Nope, made profits of around £5m over the previous 2 years so around a £15m loss over the 3 year period. Nowhere near the £39m threshold.

giphy.gif

Not really... Neves £16m over a 5 year contract means he only accounts for an extra £3.25m on this seasons books. Jota will sign on for next season. All of the money raised by selling Bod and Dicko (£6m) Edwards (£1m) immediately offsets that (plus all out other sales/releases) then divide our other transfers (plus wages) by the length of the contract and we're pretty clear and free

Year of amortisation for the likes of Costa and Saiss to go down in the losses too, everyone's wages for the year, signing fees and agents fees might be pretty substantial given the amount of activity over the summer.

Do we not pay wages? If we lost £23m last season, then the same again this season isn't incomprehensible despite increased sales

Do we not pay wages? If we lost £23m last season, then the same again this season isn't incomprehensible despite increased sales

Second line, in brackets reads (plus wages) so I guess we do :neer_neer:

Nothing changes really. This season was always shit or bust with the current squad. We don't go up we sell Neves for £20m+ and the issue goes away.

My fag packet calculations for the 2017/18 result

Loss for 2016/2017 as a base ------------------------------------(£23m)
New Player Transfer fees (£20m / 4)-----------------------------(£5m)
Player Sales-------------------------------------------------------+£10m
Increase in Revenue (Tickets / TV / Merch)---------------------+£5m
Additional Wages - Ins compared to outs------------------------(£6m)

Loss----------------------------------------------------------------(£19m)

I suppose what the above doesn't take into consideration are agents fees but I'm sure Uncle Jorge will be charging mates rates. A £19m loss for this season would still have us within the FFP allowable losses with I think about £3m to spare.

Back