• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Do we not pay wages? If we lost £23m last season, then the same again this season isn't incomprehensible despite increased sales

We will have paid reasonable loan fees for Jota, Boly, Vinagre, Alf, Afobe and Leo too, could be around 5 million right there?

Nothing changes really. This season was always shit or bust with the current squad. We don't go up we sell Neves for £20m+ and the issue goes away.

I guess the more likely scenario now, given the way the league stands, is that Wolves do go up, don't sell Neves and so potentially any overspend doesn't get covered by a big sale which results in a relatively paltry fine from the FL.

Either way, it sounds like it’ll be close. But if we go up this season (which we really should do from here) then the problem goes away, even if we do receive a fine.

I guess the more likely scenario now, given the way the league stands, is that Wolves do go up, don't sell Neves and so potentially any overspend doesn't get covered by a big sale which results in a relatively paltry fine from the FL.
Indeed, I was working on the premise though that we are OK for this season, but need to do something next if we didn't go up.

If we go up (which we should) no problem
If we don't Neves will go no problem
so... no problem

So we need to lose less than £22.65m this year to comply with FFP. That's actually going to be pretty tight I think

I'd imagine our loss will be less this season as you have the £10m sales to add in.

55b1c4afc7d61333a047366356352393.jpg

we have to be fired up as our next two games are against 2 of these 3 and we have Derby to come at home. Really should be a case of "thanks for the team talk"

Timing couldn't be better than that ahead of tonight's game. This is nothing more than motivation to stick 2 fingers up to the salty tossers incapable of operating as smoothly as us.

Lest we not forget the apparent chaos we were in at the start of the season and how we were predicted to be in the bottom 6, then there was this.....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/1...mbert-says-transfer-muddle-must-never-happen/

My fag packet calculations for the 2017/18 result

Loss for 2016/2017 as a base ------------------------------------(£23m)
New Player Transfer fees (£20m / 4)-----------------------------(£5m)
Player Sales-------------------------------------------------------+£10m
Increase in Revenue (Tickets / TV / Merch)---------------------+£5m
Additional Wages - Ins compared to outs------------------------(£6m)

Loss----------------------------------------------------------------(£19m)

I suppose what the above doesn't take into consideration are agents fees but I'm sure Uncle Jorge will be charging mates rates. A £19m loss for this season would still have us within the FFP allowable losses with I think about £3m to spare.

Sorry, my simple brain here - would we definately amortise transfer fees in the profit and loss as well as for FFP purposes?

Sorry, my simple brain here - would we definately amortise transfer fees in the profit and loss as well as for FFP purposes?

Sorry about the source of the link.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...financial-fair-play-explained-matter-12408433

Transfer fees are also counted, although they are broken down and spread - “amortised” - over the life of a contract and so can be structured shrewdly to minimise their FFP impact.

For example, a player who cost £50m on a five year contract needs to be amortised at the rate of £10m a year.

At the end of a player's contract, their 'book value' will therefore be zero.

The amount amortised each year needs to be counted as a 'cost' in the club's FFP calculations.

Excellent article. Dont think Alfie is Gestifute though? The rest is correct, Vini, Léo & Big Willy definitely aren't Mendes clients.

"Alfred N’Diaye would be another loan moving into a permanent deal. Again not represented by Gestifute, "

Back