• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Think Timbo just got caught up in the whole "this ain't my daddy's Wolves anymore" stuff. I'll cut him a bit of slack for that.

Think Timbo just got caught up in the whole "this ain't my daddy's Wolves anymore" stuff. I'll cut him a bit of slack for that.

As a journalist he got too close to Ken and Lambo (even though in the grand scheme of things they didn't give him much) and allowed that to inform his writing. Which is bad.

Correcting one's self when you've made a mistake is fair enough though, although really you should acknowledge your error.

Lovely article in the mail - Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5479413/Wolves-ambition-wit-crime.html

Brilliant.

Loved this -

He will find support because the Championship is full of mediocre clubs, run by mediocre minds who believe they have the right to be in the league above without devising any grand plan to achieve this — but wider backing does not mean Radrizzani is right.

Trump and Kim Jong-um to have talks.

That's one less potential thing that could stop us

Even the comments on there seem to be supporting us [shudder]

Tell Swindon that when they were demoted 2 divisions - the agent issue is allegedly only the tip of the iceberg - the league have unlimited powers and clubs have been demoted in the past - there are some stories going around which are quite extraordinary if true.

‘No team is above the rules - ask rangers and juventus.

There seems to be a mixed reception from fans of other clubs. Most say stop whining, get our own houses in order and stop worrying about Wolves whereas there are others who seem convinced that the fact the a complaint has been made means that there is evidence that we are guilty.

Last edited:
I thought someone on here said we were wither 1st or 2nd richest in England, City being the contender. Chelsea are on there above us

Depends on how you work it out I guess - if you count the personal wealth of Guo & others as part of Fosun's wealth then we probably are.

I think the thing that makes it hard to confirm is that for most every other club the owners are either one specific rich individual (eg Abramovich) or a group of wealthy people (eg Arsenal), and their ownership is something of an indulgence or distraction alongside their normal business investments. Whereas we aren't owned by Guo Guangchang (whose personal wealth is supposedly around $4bn); we're very much a Fosun property, and with a conglomerate like Fosun it's a lot harder to nail down anything more than a ballpark figure—you can look at market cap for example, but a) there are different figures for that in different places (I've seen everything from $24bn to $12bn), and b) market cap isn't a good indicator of a company's actual day-to-day financial muscle. We know that Fosun's annual revenues are in the single billions of dollars, though, around $3-4bn per year, so they do have considerable muscle without having to even think about loans or liquidating assets to raise cash for spending.

Realistically, long-term and today, we're probably on a par with a club like Chelsea, which Abramovich doesn't have to subsidize much at all these days, as opposed to being constantly pumped full of money directly and indirectly like Sheikh Mansour's Manchester City (although just like Mansour, Fosun's interests in Wolves will be as much about state soft power projection as it is personal prestige or pure investment).

, Fosun's interests in Wolves will be as much about state soft power projection as it is personal prestige or pure investment).

That's a good point, if we do ever look like challenging for a top honour there would probably be mountains of cash poured in - just so we could be the first Chinese owned club to win 'X'

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/16725-2/

Some nice comments from Warnock here.

Got a lot of respect for pretty much everything he has said there... Well done Colin ;)

“Mendes has got worldwide players, it was the same when I was at QPR in the Premier League – there were names coming at me from his players. They are using it and why not? That’s football.

“If you can get an advantage, good luck to you, as long as it’s not illegal. I don’t see anything illegal in an agent helping a club.”

“It’s alright having money, but you’ve still got to spend it right. You’ve still got to get a dressing room behind you and Nuno has got good players who are fighting for him. Sometimes it’s more difficult when you’ve got money."

“I could tell you two or three clubs who have spent fortunes and I wouldn’t spend any money on their players."

"I think they’ve done well with the players they’ve got and the spine of the old British players has helped them on the pitch and in the dressing room."

Back