• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

He was best at wide left for Olympiakos, and probably still is.

We need a new face in Traore's position

I'm another one for Podence as the link between mid and the top 3. I think the injury he has now has been there for a while, but he's just struggled with it. When he's on it he makes a big difference.

Just going off what I've seen of him recently - he can carry the ball forward, is able to link up play with the forwards and has a shot in him as seen by his goal at Chorley. He scuffed one wide late on vs Arsenal but he found himself in a good position that time.

I think he has the potential to play in that slot behind the 2 forwards in a 4 3 1 2 formation

I'd like to have a look at all three in that role tbh especially as they all have different attributes.
Must admit, I'd be surprised if MGW can make himself a regular in a team with top 7 aspirations. Little point in bringing him back if we're not going to give him a chance though

Little point in bringing him back if we're not going to give him a chance though
But if we didn't and a couple more injuries and he is doing well at Swansea "why didn't we recall him". Fine line between protecting ourselves and protecting his development. Will probably leave in the summer

But if we didn't and a couple more injuries and he is doing well at Swansea "why didn't we recall him". Fine line between protecting ourselves and protecting his development. Will probably leave in the summer

Oh yeah I agree, that's why I said 'little point' rather than 'no point'

I wonder how Marcal would look as the left sided CB in a back 4 alongside Boly? He can play there in a three.

I think Kilman might have a bit of thinking to do this summer. He's been immaculate when played in a proper position for him but doesn't look compatible with a back 4.

Tbf to Kilman, I don't think he's played as a lch in a 4. He's played lb and rch for the Southampton game when Nuno played Boly left

I think Kilman is a solid player but not sure he's any more suitable as first choice in defence for a top 7 chasing team than Bennett would have been
Think the rest of this season is the ideal time to give him plenty of game time and to try him in a back 4 to see if he can step up.....same goes for MGW, although he's reviled by lots of Wolves fans and doesn't seem to be Nuno's cup of tea.

Think the rest of this season is the ideal time to give him plenty of game time and to try him in a back 4 to see if he can step up.....same goes for MGW, although he's reviled by lots of Wolves fans and doesn't seem to be Nuno's cup of tea.
This is why I'm in favour of a 4 for the rest of the season and see who works in it, both younger and established players. Then Nuno has it as a viable and well-drilled option

This is why I'm in favour of a 4 for the rest of the season and see who works in it, both younger and established players. Then Nuno has it as a viable and well-drilled option
Agreed, but can't see him doing that often if at all without Boly being one of them

Back