• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Wasn't really sure where to put (maybe I should make a random stats thread) but found it interesting anyway. Donck below par in both categories there, whereas it reflects fairly well on Neves and Moutinho.
Yeah, I'd really love to see a dedicated thread where we can pop in stats and figures and analysis. Really interested in that side of the game.

Last edited:
Dendoncker is about level with the other two for losing possession, but given that Fernandes and Madison are worse than average in both categories, and Fred's the opposite, I'm not sure it means much.
Exactly. I imagine Maddison & Bruno are high on losing possession because they actually attempt to pass the ball forward every now & again!

Wasn't really sure where to put (maybe I should make a random stats thread) but found it interesting anyway. Donck below par in both categories there, whereas it reflects fairly well on Neves and Moutinho.
Donk sits between Gundogan and Henderson so that suggests he’s not doing too badly. A few of Gundogan’s recent goals would be nice though.

Donk sits between Gundogan and Henderson so that suggests he’s not doing too badly. A few of Gundogan’s recent goals would be nice though.
I don't think the data is useful personally as those that keep possession could just pass backwards and safely.

The reason Madison, KdB and other attacking midfielders have lower possession stats is because they make more crosses and forward balls.

It would be interesting to see directional data to add to this graph.

I don't think the data is useful personally as those that keep possession could just pass backwards and safely.

The reason Madison, KdB and other attacking midfielders have lower possession stats is because they make more crosses and forward balls.

I don't either. The fact that Donk is between Gundogan and Henderson shows that in isolation it must be pretty meaningless.

I think what interested me about it was I expected Donck to retain possession better! To my eye I expected his safe passing would have a higher retention than Moutinho.

Completely agree about attacking mids, you'd be worried if the just retained the ball all the time!

dunno about you YW, but personally I've been surprised by some of the criticism Neves has been getting over the past few months. I think he's been doing a hell of a lot of good work.

I think what interested me about it was I expected Donck to retain possession better! To my eye I expected his safe passing would have a higher retention than Moutinho.

Completely agree about attacking mids, you'd be worried if the just retained the ball all the time!
I expected Donck to be further left!

I feel his long range shooting has gone to pot a bit, but his all round play has been very good. He's certainly developed considerably since we've been in the PL

Thanks YW. I wanted to read that when i saw it before, but when you clicked the link outside of here you had to subscribe to the Times.
Great insight into Nuno as a person. I knew that the pack mentality was taken off real Wolf packs as i read that before, but a lot of the other stuff i didn't know.
Brilliant read.

Congratulations to Ruben on the birth of his son Mateo. Must be very hard for him not to be there.

Congratulations to Ruben on the birth of his son Mateo. Must be very hard for him not to be there.
I thought his family were here. Another reason to hate this pandemic for our players.

Good to see. I've been impressed with all three of them - it definitely wouldn't have been part of the plan for any of them (especially for Silva) to get as many minutes as they have already this season. And I don't think him, RAN or Hoever have stood out like sore thumbs - perhaps only in the youngsters-are-prone-to-mistakes kind of way.

Total of all incoming transfers in January in the PL £84.2m

Back