• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Giro d'Italia / Tour de France

Not what they said earlier today Paddy, not sure what state the tunnel is in but thought I caught them saying something about the surface not being ready in time?

I just caught the late show and they showed the Galibier. I think the commentary may have said 'ignore this bit' but I couldn't hear anything so thought I would ask.

Surely it's finished. Can see Froome going for the win. He says he has a score to settle. Should be good to watch.

I just caught the late show and they showed the Galibier. I think the commentary may have said 'ignore this bit' but I couldn't hear anything so thought I would ask.

Would be ace if it happened - Telegraphe, Galibier, Lautaret, AdH...only missing the Madeleine and Izoard for the full set this year!

I thought it had been reinstated but could be wrong. UCI checks on bikes have become standard practice in the last year or 2. As Ned says seemed to come about regarding Fab and his motorised bike. Not sure if anyone has seen the vid of I think Hejsedal crashing at the Vuelta last year and his prone bike continuing to spin for an unnatural length of time. That kind of thing didn't help. As for tomorrow surely Movistar will try to mix it up before the Alpe and put Froome on the defensive. I would say aside from the very first summit finish he has hardly looked imperious and much closer to the others than seems to be made out (!) so let's see what happens tomorrow. If Froome gets isolated early anything could still happen.

There's still a huge amount of rock expected to fall into the lake adjacent.

good stage yesterday. i thought quintana would go later than he should (if he thought he could win), though i don't think he'd have made much or any more if he'd gone earlier, but that's besides the point. i think froomey looked relatively comfortable on his own following. i think he's more likely to win today than lose 2 mins+

i can sort of understand annoyance at nibali but if you accept he was no danger to the yellow jersey and was just waiting for the moment to go i can't say i blame him. i don't think froome would have chased down an attack from him, he'd have just followed the others. the annoyance would be it giving a reason for the others to go too. nibali has been the most coherent attacker and best value over the last few days - could have been a bit dull without him imo i haven't understood what movistar and saxo have been about tbh, other than protecting positions. come on, death or glory lads!

Yeah they haven't been reinstated so it's the Croix de Fer and then the Alpe.

Oh, Quintana has broken away early. All or nothing. Valverde and Quintana now together. Only 5 left in the group behind, Movistar trying their best to take out Froomes helpers.

Now it's Froome against the two from Movistar. Froome has realised he is on his own, his team can't keep up. Valverde is now slowing Quintana down. In the end it will be Froome against Quintana. Surely Froome will walk this tour.

Good try from Movistar though, thought they were going to make it stick at one point...

Sounds like trouble on the alpe. Crowd trying to smash up the Sky support vehicles. If a spectator decides this tour by decking a rider it will be a huge disappointment .

Back