• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hated opposition players

Gonzalo Jara. Just an absolute rat of a player.

Usual suspects for me the entire Bolton side from 94-97
Lee Hughes when playing for Notts County in the league knew he was going to get pellets and did everything he could to wind the crowd up this after his unforgiving behaviour.
Kevin Nolan gobby shit bag, was a complete asshole when we played them at home in 2010.
James Morrison liked you gob prior to any BCD, remember him laughing at the south back as Keith Andrews put them 4-1 up in 2012.
John Aldridge great goal scorer but again loved the sound of his own voice.
Cameron Jerome, bang average player but regularly popped up against us.
Paul Robinson (outfield version) dirty, dirty player. Remember in about 99 when he was playing for Watford he put in an absolute shocking tackle at Port Vale.
Jack Grealish, no question about his talent but is just an odious character.
Harry Arter absolute shithousery when we played them in 2014.
Not having Kevin Phillips, yes hurt us many times but actually seems like a very decent bloke.

Cameron Jerome is actually a good guy

Probably just hate average players always seeming to shine against you, I know he scored against other clubs to. Gerrard Delefoue is starting to be like that seems to have a good game when we play them.

I struggle to hate players who haven't really done anything against Wolves.

Dean Saunders then! That assault on Paul Elliott was abhorrent.
and wasn't an isolated incident either.
my opposition to his appointment from the beginning was about his character, not about his managerial skills.

Current players that haven't been mentioned that I don't particularly like -

David Luiz - shite footballer and cynical bastard
Phil Bardsley - thug bastard
Richarlison - cheating bastard
Gabriel Jesus - diving, moaning bastard
Todd Cantwell - cocky bastard
Shane Long - chewing gum bastard
Eric Dier - Average at everything bastard

Any of the Watford squad, tbf.

Todd Cantwell is an arrogant arsehole off the pitch too.

I second the “any of the Watford squad” proposal

Usual suspects for me the entire Bolton side from 94-97
Lee Hughes when playing for Notts County in the league knew he was going to get pellets and did everything he could to wind the crowd up this after his unforgiving behaviour.
Kevin Nolan gobby shit bag, was a complete asshole when we played them at home in 2010.
James Morrison liked you gob prior to any BCD, remember him laughing at the south back as Keith Andrews put them 4-1 up in 2012.
John Aldridge great goal scorer but again loved the sound of his own voice.
Cameron Jerome, bang average player but regularly popped up against us.
Paul Robinson (outfield version) dirty, dirty player. Remember in about 99 when he was playing for Watford he put in an absolute shocking tackle at Port Vale.
Jack Grealish, no question about his talent but is just an odious character.
Harry Arter absolute shithousery when we played them in 2014.
Not having Kevin Phillips, yes hurt us many times but actually seems like a very decent bloke.

There was a similar thread on Quirks forum a while back and the Forest fans all called Aldridge a wanker. I asked why the animosity and apparently in the replayed semi final after Hillsborough it was obviously very sombre and the Forest fans and players were respectful but when Aldridge scored he was taunting their fans and when a Forest player made it 3-1 with an own goal Aldridge laughed in his face ruffling his hair. It's never been forgotten that he chose to act the dickhead on that day.

James Madison - I rate him as a player but is by some accounts a complete toss piece off the pitch

There was a similar thread on Quirks forum a while back and the Forest fans all called Aldridge a wanker. I asked why the animosity and apparently in the replayed semi final after Hillsborough it was obviously very sombre and the Forest fans and players were respectful but when Aldridge scored he was taunting their fans and when a Forest player made it 3-1 with an own goal Aldridge laughed in his face ruffling his hair. It's never been forgotten that he chose to act the dickhead on that day.

I remember that as clear as day it was Brian Laws, also look how he behaves after the 0-2 defeat at home to Arsenal in 89. David O’Leary goes to shake his hand and he refuses. Yes you’re gutted but show an ounce of class in defeat.
He still behaves like petulant child in the media and twitter.

I always despised Robin van Persie for some reason.

Oh this is hard. So many awful people out there. And I've still probably forgotten a bunch. Here are some current (or recently retired) picks for an infuriating XI.

Reina/Foster

Halford
Sean Morrison
Mings
Dan Jones, remember him? (or Carl Robinson)

Shelvey
Barton
McTominay really irritates me for some reason, so he can get in this bin too

Suarez
Deeney
Barnes

Manager: Colin Wanker. Or Sean Dyche. Or Neil Lennon. Assistant can be John Terry.
Subs: Pick anyone from teams that embody shithousery or thuggish nonsense, Bournemouth, Burnley, etc.

Jeez, how have I not mentioned Pepe Reina yet??! Can't abide him.

If their was a thread for managers you can’t stand I could be here for a while, Sean Dyche for his sheer hypocrisy on referring decisions, Mark Hughes the same reason. Rafa Benitez sheer arrogance and blaming everyone else when results don’t go their way.

Back