• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield 1 - Wolves 0 the 'please end this season now' verdict thread

Such a stupid think to post. I've defended Rajiv tooth and nail but there's nothing good in that. Fuck.

He played well on Sat, despite Huddersfield kicking fuck out of him and being given free reign by the referee to do so.

He played for himself on Saturday, not once did he bother helping out poor Dominic Iorfa. Left the big lad two on one countless times because he couldn't be arsed to get back after being tackled and running into traffic in the centre of the pitch.

He played for himself on Saturday, not once did he bother helping out poor Dominic Iorfa. Left the big lad two on one countless times because he couldn't be arsed to get back after being tackled and running into traffic in the centre of the pitch.

In the second half he got frustrated and tried to take Huddersfield on on his own. This obviously led to him losing the ball a few times. I don't blame him for it at all, the support going forwards from Saville & Coady was non-existent and both Rowe & Byrne offered nothing on the opposite side.

I'd even go as far as saying that since Dom didn't even try to get out his own half and only focused on defending that Rajiv was perfectly justified in only focusing on attacking. I thought our right side was far better than our left. By rights, with Doherty & Rowe being both 'defensive' players we should've shut that side down but most of their best play came down our left.

You mean they attacked the worst full back in the entire division? How could they possibly have concluded that would be a good strategy against us? Oh wait, maybe they saw all the goals he was at least partially responsible for on account of having the mobility of Prince Philip and the footballing ability of Prince Edward.

You mean they attacked the worst full back in the entire division? How could they possibly have concluded that would be a good strategy against us? Oh wait, maybe they saw all the goals he was at least partially responsible for on account of having the mobility of Prince Philip and the footballing ability of Prince Edward.

In defence of Doherty, he had Tommy Rowe in front of him who had 0 impact on any facet of the game. Rajiv at least kept their left back pegged back with his pace and directness.

Doherty was good going forward, defensively they just walked through the pair of them time after time. He still had a better game than Batth or EEL though.

Its all so depressing - the only bright spot has been the sight of the 'TWF Massiv' on the terraces showing thir delight at the afternoons proceedings

In defence of Doherty, he had Tommy Rowe in front of him who had 0 impact on any facet of the game. Rajiv at least kept their left back pegged back with his pace and directness.

Doherty was good going forward, defensively they just walked through the pair of them time after time. He still had a better game than Batth or EEL though.

The problem with that analysis is that you still tacitly accept that as a left back, Doherty fundamentally failed in his duties. Not that this is a surprise as you and I both know he can't defend. Other players being worse is neither here nor there.

I cannot believe we have got into a position whereby he is our only option at left back despite not even being a left back - although that said, he has been less terrible there than he is at right back, for some reason.

If there's a symbol of Kenny Jackett's 2015/16 team then it's Matt Doherty. Playing ludicrously above his natural level, bizarrely rewarded with a massive contract, zero technical ability, a constant inability to perform the very basics of what is required in his position, no chance of improving, no chance of losing his place, a solid entry in the Worst Five Wolves Players by position no matter which side he plays, part of a defence which can't keep clean sheets, played out of position, a player who wouldn't/couldn't get in our League One team, someone who virtually every other team in the division would reject if he were offered to them on a free transfer.

Other than that, he's ok.

The problem with that analysis is that you still tacitly accept that as a left back, Doherty fundamentally failed in his duties. Not that this is a surprise as you and I both know he can't defend. Other players being worse is neither here nor there.

I cannot believe we have got into a position whereby he is our only option at left back despite not even being a left back - although that said, he has been less terrible there than he is at right back, for some reason.

If there's a symbol of Kenny Jackett's 2015/16 team then it's Matt Doherty. Playing ludicrously above his natural level, bizarrely rewarded with a massive contract, zero technical ability, a constant inability to perform the very basics of what is required in his position, no chance of improving, no chance of losing his place, a solid entry in the Worst Five Wolves Players by position no matter which side he plays, part of a defence which can't keep clean sheets, played out of position, a player who wouldn't/couldn't get in our League One team, someone who virtually every other team in the division would reject if he were offered to them on a free transfer.

I suspect he's not likely to ask you to write his CV for him Deutsch - even though your analysis is correct

the concern is if the club's policy has become to promote home grown status, regardless of talent or the need to build a competitive and improving team.

if your policy is absent the fundamentals of being able to spot what represents talent, coaching improvements and any demonstrable ability to integrate youth to create a side that's competitive and entertaining then any club will find in time that a 'home grown/buy young' policy is majorly flawed.

I don't view Doherty as an Academy product any more than I would consider Kortney Hause or Lee Evans part of our Academy, ie they aren't. He was nearly 19 when we bought him. He hasn't improved one iota since we bought him.

The manager's faith in footballers with absolutely dismal technical ability concerns me deeply. More so than over promoting kids.

I don't view Doherty as an Academy product any more than I would consider Kortney Hause or Lee Evans part of our Academy, ie they aren't. He was nearly 19 when we bought him. He hasn't improved one iota since we bought him.

The manager's faith in footballers with absolutely dismal technical ability concerns me deeply. More so than over promoting kids.

if he's being given a long term contract, it shouldn't simply be the manager's faith.

I don't think it's just an academy policy, but also pursuing a buying of young talented players on the basis they (or a number of them) will increase in value. but if that policy lacks those certain fundamentals then it's unfortunately flawed.

Its all so depressing - the only bright spot has been the sight of the 'TWF Massiv' on the terraces showing thir delight at the afternoons proceedings

Pretty certain I was vocalising something about how unlucky we had been and how pleased I was to see three defensive midfielders who felt no requirement to try and help out either full back or pose an attacking threat.

Pretty certain I was vocalising something about how unlucky we had been and how pleased I was to see three defensive midfielders who felt no requirement to try and help out either full back or pose an attacking threat.

Can just hear you espousing those principles

Can just hear you espousing those principles

In the heat of the moment I maybe made some different lexical choices but I'm pretty sure it was that, on the other hand my brother was probably shouting something like "fuck off you useless twats".

I can't speak for Saturday's game but performances like Preston are why people 'hate' him. If you will turn up and spend 45 minutes with the air of someone who thinks it's too cold for them to bother and display the ability of a League Two player then you will attract criticism. There's no way by rights that he should even have been in the team at Huddersfield.

The way we have dealt with him selection wise has been erratic to say the least, but he brings it upon himself. No maturity whatsoever.

Just seen this latest debacle. Idiotic - I'm really sick of his attitude. I hate things like this showing up on social media - some footballers really are monumentally stupid.

I really don't give a shit if VLP is here or not at the start of next season. If he is, he needs to cut out the strops and show an ounce of professionalism.

Can sort of see it from both sides. The way that football is portrayed these days, you can literally go from hero to zero within the space of a week. If Wolves lose, it's the end of the world - if we win, everything is fine. That is the outlook of a large chunk of our fanbase, whether we like it or not.

It was only a few weeks back that the Wolves fans were singing his (RVLP) name, praising him for his performances and begging him to sign a new contract (again, I can't speak for everyone but certainly a large section of our support were like this). Now after a couple of indifferent performances he is being moaned and shouted at again. It's the life of the footballer, and they DO get paid a lot of money to put up with this shite - so I understand his stupidity in posting something referring to being paid, but I can equally appreciate his frustration. Saying "he should never pull on the shirt again" is exactly the type of emotive bullshit I have come to expect from football fans in 2016.

It would be better if someone had a word with him behind closed doors and he knuckled down with some decent performances. Unfortunately he can't win games of football by himself and the others need to do the same as well.

It's been a poor season. We should be doing a lot better - and I'm sure everyone around the club is aware of that. But this melodramatic, end of the world reaction to things like this (and every defeat) by our fans* does make me chuckle sometimes. What do the fans of the 11 clubs below us in the league think? Has the backlash at those respective clubs been the same as it has at Wolves? Or do we have a God given right to win every game we play?

* disclaimer: again, not purely a Wolves issue before someone tries to jump on me. It goes back to my initial point of where football has gone in 2016. It's the same at Villa this season, Newcastle fans have had a great run of protests etc etc. Football fans love to be outraged by something - and I suppose that's what you get for such an emotive sport. There's no grey area and everything always has to be black or white.

There's a big difference between losing a game and one of our players spouting off bollocks like this in social media.

I don't particularly care if we lose as long as I can see a bit of pride and commitment (and at least some intention of trying to actually attack the opposition) yet social media posts like RVLP's really don't come across as someone who gives a rats arse about the poor results, and certainly not about how supporters of his employers might take it.

It's crass ignorance, wholly disrespectful and just totally fucking stupid. I have said this many times but I don't see why footballers should be using social media anyway. It's only ever going to end badly.

I can totally understand why fans get pissed off with this sort of unnecessary nonsense. It's different to results/performances.

Agreed. Stupid on his part, but the OTT - almost suicidal - reaction of a section of our fans does not help things.

As you say, it would be a lot easier if footballers were banned from social media. Posting something like that, knowing the fans of the club you play for will read it, is just stupid. Maybe he's off in the summer so doesn't particularly care anyway. Unfortunately the respect we all feel we are owed as football fans has, in the main, gone from the game. The gap between the players and the fans in modern day football is wider than ever.

Back