• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

I’d loved to have seen the PowerPoint presentation.

I’m cheap

I’m available

I kept Bournemouth up
and I come with a Poundshop backroom team.

Anyone know who our ex Walsall, WBA and Villa goalkeeping coach supports?

and I come with a Poundshop backroom team. Anyone know who our ex Walsall, WBA and Villa goalkeeping coach supports?
He didn’t even have a back room team. Cutler was already here and he went with a begging bowl to find others.

Ipswich fan in peace here - had many good trips up to Molinuex late 80's / early 90's, you are a good club.
Obviously very pleased to go through, never expected to win with all those changes and that team but I thought we competed and played well as you looked excellent first 10-15 minutes.

Whoever signed off on Gary O'Neil needs their head testing - he is a pure novice. He needs time to learn the trade down the ladder, not on the job at a club like Wolves. It looks like the players aren't playing for him and O'Neil just sat there without a clue all second half. I hope you stay clear of McKenna as he is too good for us I fear.

Best of luck this season and hopefully we see you in the top flight.

Most disappointing thing for me was Santi. Hoped he was an upgrade but on that showing he isn’t.

Naturally hopefully a one off, but doesn’t fill you with confidence
He looked like someone who’d not played a game since May.

Go all out and get Graham Potter.

It's a no-brainer. He will sort you out.

The one other thing this match puts in stark relief, as it is now 4 matches in a row that have gone this way:

If you beat O'Neil tactically at any point during a match, he's fucked. He might be able to plan well outside of match time, but during matches he's utterly incapable of a tactical counterpunch.

Go all out and get Graham Potter.

It's a no-brainer. He will sort you out.
Our owners don't much care for
  1. Winners
  2. Logical decisions
  3. Going all out
Personally not sold on Potter myself but that's a different discussion and utterly moot at the moment.

What do we expect with a guy out of his depth in charge.

I do worry that they aren’t going to have the foresight to act early on this. Hobbs won’t want to look so stupid.
There's no way Hobbs will sack him yet, especially as it'll mean Davis in charge in the short term.

Also I imagine after every game GON and Hobbs have a de brief, Hobbs will be hearing GON's reasons/excuses as to why things are going the way they are.

And we look worse.

Bournemouth's players always looked to me to be playing their damnedest for him. That was a huge chunk of the reason I was able to try to stay optimistic about things despite the lack of experience and questionable tactical nous.

Clearly, our players are not responding in the same way. If anything, he seems to actively detract from their confidence.
Different situation I guess. At Bournemouth he replaced a crap coach who badmouthed the players and said they couldn't stay up, here he replaced a top quality coach, who the players apparently liked and was doing well, due to club mismanagement.

He's gone from the ideal situation for a caretaker to build a siege mentality to a bad situation for an inexperienced coach to try and motivate players who resent that you're not the last guy.

Good periods in games are getting shorter from 45 minutes down to 25.

Different situation I guess. At Bournemouth he replaced a crap coach who badmouthed the players and said they couldn't stay up, here he replaced a top quality coach, who the players apparently liked and was doing well, due to club mismanagement.

He's gone from the ideal situation for a caretaker to build a siege mentality to a bad situation for an inexperienced coach to try and motivate players who resent that you're not the last guy.
I think that's a pretty fair assessment of things.

Back