• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

He's inconsistent, not just game to game but in games themselves. He clearly has a lot of ability, but he hasn't really stamped his authority on a game as yet. Of course he is young.

I felt in the 2nd half against Liverpool he should have grabbed that midfield by the balls, as Liverpool totally emptied it - he didn't, and we haven't seen much from him in an attacking sense other than one brilliant run in the first half against Liverpool (?) but he spannered the shot.

The idea that he is a Neves replacement is (currently) way off the mark.
Think you're right about him being inconsistent, you expect that with a young inexperienced player though. From what I've seen of him live, there's more good than bad within that inconsistency.
We're going to the next 2 home games and while I've got a lot of trepidation about them, I am looking forward to seeing how the likes of Gomes copes with it.

Santi looked alright, I thought. Something to work with. It's unfair to expect him to come in and look like peak VVD from day 1. The niggly fouls from behind I feel will eventually be coached out of him, or he'll realise himself that he can't do it. But I thought he looked alright with the ball at his feet and he was a threat on set pieces (could have scored two on another day). He's 100% more of a threat from attacking set pieces than Kilman, for example. It was just obvious that he hadn't played competitively since May (?), so I'm not surprised he looked a little rusty.

It's never happening but I'd pick Toti ahead of Kilman already. If GoN feels he has no other option than to switch to a back 5, I've no issues with him coming in while Santi keeps working hard on the training pitch to get up to full speed. The issue is, Kilman won't be dropped. Dawson, despite his regression in form this season, is still a nailed on starter for me.

I thought Toti was awful against Ipswich and if Kilman had turned in that kind of display...well, the TWF server would have melted.

Also Kilman and Dawson actually defended well against Luton, would be an odd time to drop either of them after they actually played well and their potential replacements conceded 3 against a Champ reserve team.

Decided I wouldn't want McKenna here after all. I would find it too challenging to support someone who looks that much like Gavin Williamson.

1695904572231.png

Back