• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

I was agreeing with your point but with a sarcastic twist!
Sarcasm doesn't work when its around being fucked off with the manager of Wolves!

Said it before, when things are great a manager will speak bollocks and you don't even notice it. If GO was winning games, Channy etc wouldn't even register. The moment things go to shit then all these things start to annoy. Social Media Wolves hated Nuno's solutions in his final season for example despite the fact he had said it since day 1

Of course he's going to sugar-coat his post-match comments, but the 'they’re a decent side who haven’t lost many games over the last year' is pretty disingenuous considering the team they put out was second string and we had Sarabia, Sasa and Hwang up front

There's probably only Neto that would get near Nuno's 7th placed finishing side.

And Sarabia is earning more than most of them were.

There's probably only Neto that would get near Nuno's 7th placed finishing side.

And Sarabia is earning more than most of them were.
You could probably switch Bennett & Dawson and see very little difference. I'd probably have Lemina or Gomes as 3rd CM over Dendoncker as well.

I'm not convinced by Gomes yet, but yes Lemina would have been a better CM than Donk, although Donk filled in adequately at CB sometimes, Lemina couldn't do that really.

I really liked Bennett, was quicker than Dawson too. But no, there isn't much in it.

RAN and Bueno are both better than Vinagre too.

I swear on the commentary for the Ipswich game the comm said 'Hugo Beuno clears, the players at the club call him Kinder'..

I swear on the commentary for the Ipswich game the comm said 'Hugo Beuno clears, the players at the club call him Kinder'..
See, that’s a nickname that actually takes comedic chops at least.

See Kenny Im not nuts.
giphy.gif

Bennett's goal saving tackle would probably be given as a penalty and red card this year by VAR

I'm not convinced by Gomes yet, but yes Lemina would have been a better CM than Donk, although Donk filled in adequately at CB sometimes, Lemina couldn't do that really.

I really liked Bennett, was quicker than Dawson too. But no, there isn't much in it.

RAN and Bueno are both better than Vinagre too.
Interested as to why?

He's inconsistent, not just game to game but in games themselves. He clearly has a lot of ability, but he hasn't really stamped his authority on a game as yet. Of course he is young.

I felt in the 2nd half against Liverpool he should have grabbed that midfield by the balls, as Liverpool totally emptied it - he didn't, and we haven't seen much from him in an attacking sense other than one brilliant run in the first half against Liverpool (?) but he spannered the shot.

The idea that he is a Neves replacement is (currently) way off the mark.

Back