• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

I think that's fucking brilliant TBH!!

Not a darts fan but "I can't spake" was legendary. Good use of the clip really by Ipswich.

Get him gone now.
2-0 up against a Championship reserve team, fucking rilunbish

“He needs to work extremely hard, as a lot of them do,” O’Neil said.

“As I speak about things around the club that need to improve, Fabio knows. I’ve spoken to him very clearly around where we want to get him to, what I want to help him with.

“We’ll get to work with him and try to make sure he’s in a place to affect Premier League games.

“He managed to get a few chances early on but Nathan has trained extremely well and is working extremely hard, so it was important we saw him as well.”

A dominant start to the game saw Wolves take a 2-0 lead on Tuesday evening, before collapsing and throwing away their chance of progressing in the Carabao Cup.

O’Neil, clearly frustrated from his side’s showing, stayed composed as he dissected Wolves’ ‘disappointing’ result.

He added: “I thought their first goal was a sloppy one from us when we’d had a decent bit of play and nearly got Sasa in down the side and didn’t manage to lock it down quickly enough and the first goal comes from nothing.

“And they’re a decent side who haven’t lost many games over the last year and they’re a lot further along.

“You can see the understanding between all the players on the pitch and what they’re trying to do is a lot further along than ours.

“From half-time I didn’t think there was too much in it. Bents (Dan Bentley) didn’t have a lot to do and the boy has scored a worldie from a long way out.

“We huffed and puffed and created a couple of bits around the goal.

“I’m not sure if the Rayan goal is offside. He gave Fabio Silva off and it looks very tight. Obviously I’m extremely disappointed because I felt the team should be capable of winning here with the players that we had on the pitch and we fell short of that.

“When you look at goals there is always a reason, so I understand the question but there is always disappointment when you concede a goal because there is always something that wasn’t correct with decision making or structurally.

“So of course I’m disappointed with the goals and there’s an overall feeling of disappointment because we should have had enough on the pitch to come here and put in a display that gets us through to the next round.”

“We huffed and puffed and created a couple of bits around the goal."

That's basically us for 90 mins every week.

I detest him more with every load of shit he spouts

Yet more excuses, blaming, throwing individuals under the bus to avoid responsibility. Its funny how prepared these players looked against United in August but so disjointed and disorganised now. Hmmmm, I wonder why that may be?

Channy, Bents, oh fuck off

That is just standard manager stuff though. Pointless getting bent out of shape on generic comments. That is just looking for reasons to be angry

Channy, Bents.....but ok for previous managers to say Coads, Doc etc?

Stuff to get wound up on GO
- Tactics
- Game Management
- Saying he walked into a disaster
- Moaning about the quality of the squad he previously said was amazing

If generic waffle you could put next to 90% of managers across the country is getting the blood pressure boiling may I recommend a long holiday until this is all over

did Nuno ever really do that? I don’t think he did. Don’t think Lopetegui did either.

Nuno definitely called him Coads a couple of times in interviews. Mainly went with surnames but a few times he slipped into the names they use on the training pitch

Remember when O'Neil said he wouldn't/shouldn't be judged on Liverpool and now he's saying a team in League One last season are further along than us?

They're only further along than us if you've torn up everything the previous guy did because you're gripped by insecurity and have small dick energy gushing from every pore.

Trying to find examples. Not Coady but Bennett

1695889276886.png

Benno. Fuck off

Ipswich fans views on Gazza

That is just standard manager stuff though. Pointless getting bent out of shape on generic comments. That is just looking for reasons to be angry

Stuff to get wound up on GO
- Tactics
- Game Management
- Saying he walked into a disaster
- Moaning about the quality of the squad he previously said was amazing

If generic waffle you could put next to 90% of managers across the country is getting the blood pressure boiling may I recommend a long holiday until this is all over
Yes you're right, I admit I am judging him rather harshly as an out of depth poor head coach who is making us worse by the day whilst telling us that he is putting right the wrongs of the previous guy compared to the best manager we've seen in our lifetimes, unconscious bias I guess

Yes you're right, I admit I am judging him rather harshly as an out of depth poor head coach who is making us worse by the day whilst telling us that he is putting right the wrongs of the previous guy compared to the best manager we've seen in our lifetimes, unconscious bias I guess
Yes exactly. regardless of the way Lop was lied to and fucked around, we were playing a style that got us out of the relegation zone and half way up the table. The basics were largely in place.... just adapt your style and keep it going.
I'm pretty sure that Lop wouldn't have drawn against Luton and I'm fucking sure he wouldn't have lost to Ipswich Reserves.

No he is shit and shouldn't be here. Promoted above his grade. Blaming everyone else etc etc

My point is most of what he has said in that piece is nothing to get wound up by. Its generic nothingness. No different to Nuno going on about solutions, KJ going on about Power or whatever Bruno used to say but no one could fully understand him.

Save the energy for when he does or says something worthy of your anger. Don't worry, he will be along soon to give you something. His team selection on Saturday, maybe blaming JL for the fact we still have Kilman and was forced to make him captain and now can't drop him. Look out for his press conference this week where I expect him to all but say "man we are fucked...we will turn up but don't expect anything from this group of players. They got dicked by them twice last season and our squad has been reduced in numbers and quality since then"

No he is shit and shouldn't be here. Promoted above his grade. Blaming everyone else etc etc

My point is most of what he has said in that piece is nothing to get wound up by. Its generic nothingness. No different to Nuno going on about solutions, KJ going on about Power or whatever Bruno used to say but no one could fully understand him.

Save the energy for when he does or says something worthy of your anger. Don't worry, he will be along soon to give you something. His team selection on Saturday, maybe blaming JL for the fact we still have Kilman and was forced to make him captain and now can't drop him. Look out for his press conference this week where I expect him to all but say "man we are fucked...we will turn up but don't expect anything from this group of players. They got dicked by them twice last season and our squad has been reduced in numbers and quality since then"
I was agreeing with your point but with a sarcastic twist!

I/we do tend to be more critical of those we don't like or rate than those we do so when Nuno called Bennett 'Benno' it didn't even register but O'Neil and his 'Channy' and 'Bents' is really grating on me because the bloke is really pissing me off.

Mrs Lupo is finding my constant foul mouthed rants about O'Neil quite amusing!

Back