• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich (A) Build-Up

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
----------------------Martinez (if fit)-------------------------

Iorfa----------Batth----------Williamson-------------Golbourne

Byrne---------Price-----------McDonald--------------Graham

----------------Afobe----------Le Fondre-------------------------

2014/15: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2012/13: L 0-2 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2008/9: D 0-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2007/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/5: W 2-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), W 4-2 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1998/9: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1997/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1996/7: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1995/6: D 2-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
1993/4: D 1-1 (H, FAC), W 2-1 (A, FAC)

That would be my team too.

I'm relieved to hear Golbourne is returning to form. IMO he's had a very patchy year and a half. Whilst I accept he's had an injury, the cynic in me notices the upturn in form as contract talks approach (& indeed open).

KJ needs a run. He needs 3-4 wins on the bounce, as otherwise, our wins appear as blips, with poor results being the norm.

Yep, exactly what I'd go with. A tough place to go, especially vs a Mick McCarthy team who've won 2 on the bounce, but we should be looking for a win here. Knudsen is genuinely one of the worst full backs I've seen at this level, go at him with Byrne & Iorfa.

Town's expected line up:

Gerken

Chambers Smith Berra Knudsen

Douglas Bru Skuse

Sears Pittman Murphy​

With players like Maitland-Niles & McGoldrick on the bench.

They won 5-2 last game so you'd expect Mick to keep the same team. Murphy scored a hat-trick so he should be back on form after a barren spell. A solid championship team but unspectacular and vulnerable to pace at the back (classic Mick really). If we play to Benik's strengths he could have a lot of joy on Saturday, we haven't done that all season though.

KJ needs a run. He needs 3-4 wins on the bounce, as otherwise, our wins appear as blips, with poor results being the norm.

Ipswich (A), MK Dons (H), Rotherham (A), Forest (H), Leeds (H). A pretty favourable run of fixtures. A big return needed from those games IMO.

Last edited:
We should be looking at a minimum of 10 points, more if we believe we can make the play offs...

DW's team. But we know Henry and Edwards will play, nor would it surprise me if Coady starts. I'm not very confident though, we've been rubbish against Mick's teams since We parted ways

Interesting stat for those that like such things.....

Afobe hasn't scored from open play in a non-televised game since the transfer window closed.

Interesting stat for those that like such things.....

Afobe hasn't scored from open play in a non-televised game since the transfer window closed.

That's fine...We're going to be on telly LOADS in the next two months!

What do you see in Holt that everyone else does not?

What do you see in Holt that everyone else does not?

He's on loads of money so he must be good...That's how it works isn't it and Afobe has only scored 7 this season

Well, I'd be hoping to see a player that gives a $hit. Which would be a marked improvement on Afobe's recent performances.

You're a fucking idiot mate. Please stop posting.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 26m26 minutes ago

Kenny's pre match interview with Wolves Player will be available to view later.In team news Martinez, Hause, Ebanks-Landell not involved Sat

Kenny pleased to have Carl Ikeme ready and available after two more Nigeria appearances and great reception from fans in last Wolves game.

Back