• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ireland vs England Build Up thread

All on BT Sport from next season. Some of it will be free-to-air, they are launching a new channel.

Well i hope Itv are showing re runs of Fresh Fields or the Upper Hand instead then....bastards.

I truly didn't know we were playing you (Or anyone). That tells you more about my lack of interest in our national team rather than me being disrespectful to Ireland.
Ditto until this morning.

I will be watching the CL final. No motivation for watching Ireland/England.

Republic of Ireland XI: Westwood; Coleman, Wilson, O'Shea, Brady, McCarthy, Whelan, Hendrick, McGeady; Murphy, McGoldrick.

England XI: Hart, Jones, Bertrand, Henderson, Cahill, Smalling, Wilshere, Milner, Sterling, Rooney, Lallana.

Not dissimilar to me actually. Will probably watch it if I'm not busy sorting the house out.

In the same camp as you two, sun's out, tatting about in the garden or Ireland v England?, if there's any rain about, which I don't think there is, garden wins.
Edit: fucked that up, sober too!

FFS hodgson, can you pick any more boring and turgid teams?

Jones right back and Clyne on the bench. Henderson AND Milner?

In the same camp as you two, sun's out, tatting about in the garden or Ireland v England?, if there's any rain about, which I don't think there is, football wins.

Looking at that Ireland team, you could witness Rooney becoming Englands all time top scorer...

Just for those that love them:

_83470797_scarves.jpg

Why are Smalling and Sterling playing? They are not good enough for International football.

Phil Jones at RB?

Jones hasn't played right back for an absolute age. And for good reason.

FFS Roy.

Booing our National Anthem is disrespectful in the extreme. Thankfully it was a minority.

I thought that one of Vardy and Austin would start, but both are on the bench.

Did we just get commentary during a minute's silence?

Rooney with a last ditch clearance. Ireland have started quite well.

Sterling getting jeered every time he gets the ball.

Commentators have mentioned it. They say it could be the problems he has been having with his Liverpool contract as there is a lot of Liverpool support in Dublin.

Decent start from us but we are letting England back into it, Sterling and Rooney looking lively

Back