• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ireland vs England Build Up thread

Wasn't it mentioned on this very forum that Townsend is off soon as there's little to no football on ITV from next season?

ITV are covering the England qualifier against Slovenia next Sunday.

Well on the plus side, I only had to sit through 15 minutes of that wank. What a waste of time.

That's 90 minutes of my life wasted. Turgid awful stuff. Disappointed not to see Austin given any time also.

Well on the plus side, I only had to sit through 15 minutes of that wank. What a waste of time.

Same.

Two rubbish teams playing rubbish football from what I saw

ITV are covering the England qualifier against Slovenia next Sunday.

ITV have the rights to all the England games until at least the end of 2017. If the season just gone is anything to go by they'll also show the odd qualifier here and there involving the likes of Germany/Italy/Holland on ITV4 when we're in a round of fixtures there. That is the only football they have from next season onwards.

They decided not to renew Townsend's contract separately, at the same time that Matt Smith met the same fate and they sacked Chiles with immediate effect, and as it stands he won't be on ITV next season. He has already made some fleeting appearances on BT though so we won't be free of him.

Oh, and what a terrible game. Disappointed with Hodgson for a poor selection and equally mystifying subs. We've been much better than that lately so it's discouraging to see us take a step back towards no discernible style and players not having any kind of defined role.

Didn't even notice this game was being played and I've listened to most of Talksport this week.

On the plus side, it was very quiet when I went shopping.

Disappointing game but understandable. End of season, hot afternoon, players rotated, they've just had a short break from finishing the season - plus the FA have done everything possible to avoid any issues (moving the KO to an afternoon start to avoid any drunken problems, minutes applause rather then silence etc). It was always going to be a drab affair.

We were also a few players off our best 11 (IMO) - Clyne, Kane etc. I'm sure we'll see a confident England win next weekend. I'm away in Berlin for a stag do so will be keeping everything crossed for a positive result anyway!

Good luck putting the highlights package together for that....

I would like to say that I enjoyed that, but I can't....

You are not the only one Frank - it was on, but can't say that I was watching it intently at any point.

Any benefit England might have gained from a match before the competitive one next week was wasted.

Probably one of the worst games I've ever seen. Dire.

Watched it in the park lying on the grass in the sun as my mate brought his iPad along so it could have been worse - at least I got some sunshine!!

Glad I missed this one!

Watched the second half. Well I had it on in the background. Should have stuck with the golf from Sweden.

Hodgson has leapt to the defence of Sterling, who was the target of the Irish fans. But in my opinion, Sterling is a young player with promise, but not much more at the moment. He needs to be a lot more consistent at club level, whether that be at Anfield or elsewhere. He does seem to drift in and out of games quite a lot.

You can see why he's done it but on the other hand, it's a sucker punch to the other options in his squad.

"Yeah guys, I know he's a bit crap right now but I'm going to play him anyway regardless of how well you train..."

I thought Roy was just moving the debate away from the key issue, why did England perform so badly against Ireland. Sterling being a convenient sideshow.

_83476723_donny_rovers_england_tweet.jpg

They have form too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs0vnMril98

Wayne Rooney could have played for Ireland. On Sunday I think he did lol.

Back