• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ireland vs England Build Up thread

Oh we're playing you are we?

I heard there was an England game on but assumed it was the women's, which is obviously more important than this...

I'd like to see Austin get a game. Vardy, less so, I don't think he'll ever play more than a handful of minutes so he's an irrelevance really. We should take it seriously though, these friendlies are arguably as important as the qualifiers as we're already all but through and the opposition in the group is weak. We're going to get better tests in these matches.

------------------------------Hart-------------------------

Clyne-------------Cahill-----------Smalling---------Bertrand

--------------Milner-------Wilshere----Delph-------------

-------------Walcott-------Austin------Sterling-------------

Kick off Sunday, 1300? Guess I'll not be getting much work done that day :D

I can see England winning it but it should be a decent scrap regardless!

... and then the game kicks off?

Seriously though, I would hope both sets of fans behave. Twenty years is a long time to hate...

I can see England winning it but it should be a decent scrap regardless!

Does seem a slightly odd choice by the FAI to have this game less than a week before you have a pivotal game vs Scotland, where if you lose you're as good as out.

I hope there's no trouble. I don't expect there to be any, but I will genuinely be upset if there is.

I remember not understanding what was happening back in 95 when the game was stopped. The TV camera's were located in the West stand where the English fans were, so they didn't catch a lot of what was happening. It was only the next day on the news I saw the full extent of what happened.

Does seem a slightly odd choice by the FAI to have this game less than a week before you have a pivotal game vs Scotland, where if you lose you're as good as out.

I dunno, theres usually a friendly before or after a qualifier, and being the end of the season, I suppose they had to get it in before

Thinking more that it's likely to be played nearer the pace of a Premier League game than a standard international friendly, increased risk of injuries/fatigue etc. Not that I expect you to lose at home to Scotland anyway.

I'd like to see Austin get a game. Vardy, less so, I don't think he'll ever play more than a handful of minutes so he's an irrelevance really. We should take it seriously though, these friendlies are arguably as important as the qualifiers as we're already all but through and the opposition in the group is weak. We're going to get better tests in these matches.

------------------------------Hart-------------------------

Clyne-------------Cahill-----------Smalling---------Bertrand

--------------Milner-------Wilshere----Delph-------------

-------------Walcott-------Austin------Sterling-------------

Good team - will definitely do for me

Thinking more that it's likely to be played nearer the pace of a Premier League game than a standard international friendly, increased risk of injuries/fatigue etc. Not that I expect you to lose at home to Scotland anyway.

At least it will be worth watching. Hope it will be a good as when we beat Argentina 3-2, with Owen scoring at the death.

They probably are (although their defence is incredibly shit) but given that they won at Celtic Park vs Ireland, I think they'll be happy to play for a point with the net result that would have on the group.

We are not making any headway under O'Neill confused messages on how we play, no clear plan. As DW says Scotland will be happy with a draw and I think they will get it.

Sunday can see being interesting for 1st half and then turn into a bore-fest 1-1 purely because England wont really give a fuck.

I truly didn't know we were playing you (Or anyone). That tells you more about my lack of interest in our national team rather than me being disrespectful to Ireland.

It's on ITV over here. England games and the odd qualifier involving other teams here and there is the only football they've got from next season onwards.

I truly didn't know we were playing you (Or anyone). That tells you more about my lack of interest in our national team rather than me being disrespectful to Ireland.

Not dissimilar to me actually. Will probably watch it if I'm not busy sorting the house out.

Back