• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Is Bruno Lage A Good Manager Or Should He Go?

Back him or sack him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to the Ryan Leister podcast tonight. 2 of the 3 think he'll be gone, naively in my view thinking someone in Fosunland is looking at performances and will act from on high, the other said they'll see a top half finish and be happy and the only person who advises Jeff on football is Jeff

Listened to the Ryan Leister podcast tonight. 2 of the 3 think he'll be gone, naively in my view thinking someone in Fosunland is looking at performances and will act from on high, the other said they'll see a top half finish and be happy and the only person who advises Jeff on football is Jeff
He's probably correct on the latter. He signed Fabio Silva for 35 million. What other evidence do you need!

That's actually quite a favourable selection given 3 of those first 4 games were wins. Wonder what the last 13 would look like - 14 after Sunday?

That's a pretty fucking rancid set of numbers that is

He needs to be backed. I definitely see Lage, Sellars and Shi as capable of spending loads of money and signing more quality like Hwank. What's everyone worried about?

He needs to be backed. I definitely see Lage, Sellars and Shi as capable of spending loads of money and signing more quality like Hwank. What's everyone worried about?
Think you might need to put irony markers around that for some.

It's not happening. It was about this time before the final game of last season when the news of Nuno leaving broke.

It's not happening. It was about this time before the final game of last season when the news of Nuno leaving broke.
They were different circumstances though weren't they, the club wanted to give Nuno a send off for example. Also the last game of the season was a dead rubber last season, i'm not sure City would be too happy by that announcement (for all the difference it would make), and announcing Lopetegui before he has formally announced he is leaving may damage him too.

I think/hope that we have tapped up Lopetegui and that this season was all part of a medium/long term plan to "wait" for him (again). It would explain appointing Lage, the small amount of cash he was given and how little we have heard from the club generally and of course that JL is one of Mendes's clients.

Obviously this theory is more hope than expectation, especially as there hasn't even been a whisper of him joining us in the press.

They were different circumstances though weren't they, the club wanted to give Nuno a send off for example. Also the last game of the season was a dead rubber last season, i'm not sure City would be too happy by that announcement (for all the difference it would make), and announcing Lopetegui before he has formally announced he is leaving may damage him too.

I think/hope that we have tapped up Lopetegui and that this season was all part of a medium/long term plan to "wait" for him (again). It would explain appointing Lage, the small amount of cash he was given and how little we have heard from the club generally and of course that JL is one of Mendes's clients.

Obviously this theory is more hope than expectation, especially as there hasn't even been a whisper of him joining us in the press.
I like this idea. I don't believe it, but I like it

Lopetegui has announced he's leaving Sevilla already.

Wouldn't have hurt to announce Lage is done.

I can't remember when Lambert was relieved of his duties officially.

Yes I know, I just don't believe he'll come to us or that it was all part of the plan. Happy to be wrong though

I don’t understand why City would be unhappy with us announcing Lage would be leaving before Sunday. Would they think we’d actually take points off Liverpool if we didn’t?

I don’t understand why City would be unhappy with us announcing Lage would be leaving before Sunday. Would they think we’d actually take points off Liverpool if we didn’t?
I agree, but it could be portrayed in the media as going against the spirit of the game, it'd be bollocks of course, but it could be.

Basically i'm just trying to convince myself that Fosun know what they are doing (which is what i used to think 18 months/2 years ago).

I can't remember when Lambert was relieved of his duties officially.
Was about three weeks after the end of the season, think we had to wait until Nuno couldn't win the title with Porto.

Realistically Lambert was always leaving though and he knew that, hence him planting stories in the press that he was being undermined and not being allowed to sign who he wanted (I shudder to think who he would have, had we let him).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back