• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Is Bruno Lage A Good Manager Or Should He Go?

Back him or sack him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where though? If you're talking about the exchanges, they also have Klopp and Pep as odds on favourites to be next to leave at 1.17....

I think Bruno is on a worrying trajectory. I'd like to see who he signs next season before anything else though.

Sorry if he was responsible for leaving us with just 3 CM in the squad and agreed to the signing of Hwang then he shouldn’t be trusted with a big transfer window.

Where though? If you're talking about the exchanges, they also have Klopp and Pep as odds on favourites to be next to leave at 1.17....

I think Bruno is on a worrying trajectory. I'd like to see who he signs next season before anything else though.
He’s on a worrying trajectory only if it looks like he’s staying with us. Let’s wait and see if he can get Keiffer Moore over the line and complete the wrecking ball job on the current squad before leaving us in the sht? Absolute insanity. I’m pretty certain the bloke flying my plane is actually an imposter as I saw him out on a stag do last night, we’re plummeting to earth and he’s laughing drunkenly over the tannoy, but, what the fck, let’s see if he can actually land it before we ask for the co-pilot to take over.

Evidently the responsible approach is to get rid now and buy the time needed to recruit as well as possible. Leaving him in charge would be mind bendingly negligent. Regardless of the huge issues higher up surely this argument is over for anyone who sat through that yesterday. Or shall we start talking about how unlucky we were away at Leicester again? Fcks sake, decisive action please.

Just looked at oddschecker. There was 40/1 last night and now it is 5/1. Obviously not a lot of money to move a manager market but it is still noticeable.

I’m not a betting man, but I’d still put a few quid on at 5/1

Sorry if he was responsible for leaving us with just 3 CM in the squad and agreed to the signing of Hwang then he shouldn’t be trusted with a big transfer window.

He actively asked for more players, and specifically for a midfielder that offered something different between the lines. There's a lot we can throw at him, but he's had as much input into our transfer business this season as I have.

He actively asked for more players, and specifically for a midfielder that offered something different between the lines. There's a lot we can throw at him, but he's had as much input into our transfer business this season as I have.
In some ways I feel for him. He has let it known he wanted players in two windows and did not get them. He then bought some time with the January form but we have nose dived since pretty much. Bruno should go but so should Sellers and Shi. They are partly culpable. They are not responsible for the horrendous performances against Brentford, Brighton, Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich . The list goes on.

I’m not a betting man, but I’d still put a few quid on at 5/1
It’s all in the timing. Hodgson will surely leave Watford, it’s just a case of who goes first as I can’t see either Hodgson or Lage remaining in post until the end of May.

Old ground, but not in August and January he didn't. He was put back in his box and sat there

I went to Spurs away. A professional, hardworking and ultimately rewarding performance and result. We had the platform to be where Spurs are now and we have had, and spurned, those opportunities. That’s what a good manager can do, make good on those opportunities when it matters. What comes before doesn’t matter if you can’t get it over the line and Lage has fallen short.

As for Fosun - promotion, (hopefully) three top 10 finishes in the top league, an FA Cup Semi Final and a European campaign buys them credit for me. Fosun themselves have almost no day to day input into running the club…that rests with Jeff Shi and I don’t fully agree the criticism of him given what has been achieved. The business model was clear from the start, self sufficiency rather than a plaything for rich owners, Wolves is a business cog in the larger Fosun wheel. We are sell to buy…Neves, Jimenez, Semedo, Dendoncker, Traore all out this summer. Plenty of money in the transfer kitty and of those only really Neves is difficult/impossible to replace based on this season.

Lage can go but I dont think Shi et al are going anywhere.

Is anyone else think we'll be playing championship football within 3 seasons at the most

Yep, we've peaked. We might not go next season but the decline has started.

I went to Spurs away. A professional, hardworking and ultimately rewarding performance and result. We had the platform to be where Spurs are now and we have had, and spurned, those opportunities. That’s what a good manager can do, make good on those opportunities when it matters. What comes before doesn’t matter if you can’t get it over the line and Lage has fallen short.

As for Fosun - promotion, (hopefully) three top 10 finishes in the top league, an FA Cup Semi Final and a European campaign buys them credit for me. Fosun themselves have almost no day to day input into running the club…that rests with Jeff Shi and I don’t fully agree the criticism of him given what has been achieved. The business model was clear from the start, self sufficiency rather than a plaything for rich owners, Wolves is a business cog in the larger Fosun wheel. We are sell to buy…Neves, Jimenez, Semedo, Dendoncker, Traore all out this summer. Plenty of money in the transfer kitty and of those only really Neves is difficult/impossible to replace based on this season.

Lage can go but I dont think Shi et al are going anywhere.
Fair points but the squad has been allowed to grow stale and to remain anywhere close to the top six needs serious investment. We will have to wait and see what happens in the summer but the majority of signings in the last five windows have been poor. I doubt we’d get our money back on any of the big signings most notably Cutrone, Semedo and Silva. We tried for a CH on loan with Vallejo yet two years later are still starting a back three that were with us in the Championship. Central midfield has been neglected similarly. Up front we had two goal scorers but one has been sold and the other has suffered a career-changing injury and their solution was Jose on loan and Hwang who they’ve signed prematurely for what appears reasons other than football given his ability to trap a ball further than I can kick one.

I’d go as far as to say that without a busy and
successful summer window relegation is far more likely than top eight. They’re like a landlord that has happily taken rent and ignored the fact the roof needs repair and the windows need painting and failure to do so quickly will see the rental value of the house fall and if they get cowboy builders in a complete rebuild will be required.

Is anyone else think we'll be playing championship football within 3 seasons at the most
I'm not sure. It depends for me how the next window plays out in whatever transfer model we are trying to use. If we sell everyone good and buy more shit like Hwang it wont take three seasons.

Everything screams lost the dressing room. If that's the case, then a quick binning now is the way to limit the damage. Of course, that is rather dependent that we employ a decent replacement, which is no sort of a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back