• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2021 Transfer Window

Been manic last night and today so had missed this being anything other than a rumour. Reading we made a bid for the attacking midfielder too is interesting if that's true, part of me wondered if we might look at Maitland-Niles again, as he might be available for closer to what we offered now.

This is what Nuno said this afternoon -

"Nuno on Willian Jose: "There are things going on but there is nothing signed yet, so we can't speak too much about the situation. I'll speak more about him when things are signed and ready to go."
Sky now saying "Santo confirms Wolves reached agreement with Real Sociedad for Willian Jose".

Sounded like an update to me.

Sky now saying "Santo confirms Wolves reached agreement with Real Sociedad for Willian Jose".

Sounded like an update to me.
Would be out of character for him to drop the media a line after his press conference. Have a feeling this is just Sky bulking up his quotes to push this story a step or 2 down the line.

Fantastic if we get him, just what we need...fingers crossed

Would be out of character for him to drop the media a line after his press conference. Have a feeling this is just Sky bulking up his quotes to push this story a step or 2 down the line.
Sounds like that to me too. But from Nuno's speak i'm pretty sure the guy is coming here.

He said Rayan is joining us when Ait Nouri was in the bag but not announced. His quotes here are similar.

Spiers has confirmed that the Willian Jose deal could be completed this weekend and talks are "progressing well".

Perm fee just shy of £18m.

That's sound business IMO.
Always makes me smile when Joey gets in on the action

Joe Edwards
@JoeEdwards_Star
https://twitter.com/JoeEdwards_Star
Told Willian Jose to Wolves is pretty much all but done

Told = Just had a text from Tim or read his twitter feed

Spiers has confirmed that the Willian Jose deal could be completed this weekend and talks are "progressing well".

Perm fee just shy of £18m.

That's sound business IMO.
Yeah I think it's decent value, if he performs well and we think it's worth going with him, Raul and Silva moving forwards. Might indicate that Nuno is considering Raul as the man behind the forward too? I think that might work

Yeah I think it's decent value, if he performs well and we think it's worth going with him, Raul and Silva moving forwards. Might indicate that Nuno is considering Raul as the man behind the forward too? I think that might work
Jose has been linked with several clubs in the PL including Spurs & Utd. I think both of them wanted him as back up to their main strikers. So if we ended up with him as back up to Raul, we’ve done very well.

Equally, I’d be delighted to see them start together.

Last edited:
Jose has been linked with several clubs in the PL including Spurs & Utd. I think both of them wanted him as back up to their man strikers. So if we ended up with him as back up to Raul, we’ve done very well.

Equally, I’d be delighted to see them start together.

2 big men up top?

We can wonder if it will work now

Don’t want to piss on anyone’s chips but, elsewhere, Papper thinks WJ is on a par with Kevin Kyle.....I’m devastated....

If he's similar to Raul (and he looks it) as well it means we can rest Jimenez much more often than we have been. Although he had a habit of popping up with a goal he had started this season dreadfully performance-wise.

Back