• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2021 Transfer Window

Excited to see him in the team! Should be a real lift for everyone at the club, and another experienced forward for Fabio to learn from

More from dat man Tim:

Couple of details on the Willian Jose deal - I'm told there's no loan fee involved and the option fee to buy him in the summer is now set at £22m #WWFC

No loan fee would be pretty surprising, but good.

really could just be a six month loan to cover Raul from our perspective, unless he does amazingly.

fabrizio Romano says €19-20m option.

Good stuff, should be available for the Leeds game then once he's bedded in.....

Sensible option - don't know much about him, but we were never going to be able to get a big name just now.

Gives cover & if it's an option then we don't have to buy at the end unless we need to or he's done well - no loan fee is a bonus so no real financial risk.

I don’t think we really need another forward - five for three spaces is fine to my mind, with Vitinha and MGW filling in if we get desperate.

centre back and the line breaking midfielder are the upgrades needed, but I wouldn’t complain if they didn’t arrive until the summer.

I still think another defender is needed.
I’m not sure we’ll sign a defender this window. I suspect Nuno believes he can get enough improvement from a combination of any 2 or 3 of Saiss/Coady/Boly/Kilman to see us through. Ultimately they’ve proven they can do it before - just need to tighten things up again.

If we get through this season, I’m expecting heavy investment in the defence in the summer.

I’m not sure we’ll sign a defender this window. I suspect Nuno believes he can get enough improvement from a combination of any 2 or 3 of Saiss/Coady/Boly/Kilman to see us through. Ultimately they’ve proven they can do it before - just need to tighten things up again.

If we get through this season, I’m expecting heavy investment in the defence in the summer.
I’m expecting heavy investment full stop. The big losses from the promotion season will have dropped out of the FFP calculations so we should have a damn big budget.

Back