• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2021 Transfer Window

Would not be averse to Costa, was skeptical in the summer but he's looked decent for Bayern when I've seen them this season (admittedly it's hard to look bad for Bayern

Guess it depends on the injuries. We don't really want to be in a position where we have to shove MGW on the wing.
Yeah I still think we need another option there. A slightly older player like Costa if he stayed fit might make sense I guess.

Plus if you had told me about 5 years ago he would play for Wolves I would have thought you were insane.

I really like Costa but he's quite similar in style to what we already have in that position with Neto, Podence and Adama. It's great having these amazing ball carriers, it'll be a real strength of ours when they're all fully fit but we need someone who can offer something a bit different IMO.

"Nuno on Willian Jose: "There are things going on but there is nothing signed yet, so we can't speak too much about the situation. I'll speak more about him when things are signed and ready to go."

"Nuno on Willian Jose: "There are things going on but there is nothing signed yet, so we can't speak too much about the situation. I'll speak more about him when things are signed and ready to go."
Sounds like they're confident then.

Costa would be another decent wide AM. We'd probably let MGW go back out on loan if that happened. Giving us 4 decent options to play behind the striker with Vitinha in reserve.

I really like Costa but he's quite similar in style to what we already have in that position with Neto, Podence and Adama. It's great having these amazing ball carriers, it'll be a real strength of ours when they're all fully fit but we need someone who can offer something a bit different IMO.
If we go 4-2-3-1 then it would allow real fluidity with Neto/ Podence and be some attacking force.

In a 3-4-3 he plays instead of Adama and is far better as the inside forward with Neto on the other side putting crosses in for WJ.

Last edited:
Exciting, we clearly need another alike to Raul if we are gonna be really competitive

I’d take Douglas Costa too. Doubt we’ll pay his wages, though.

Sky Sports:

18:04

'WOLVES' DEAL FOR JOSE SHOULD BE DONE NEXT WEEK'
Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol on the Transfer Show:
"It looks like Wolves have a new focal point for their attack - he is Willian Jose, who they are signing on loan from Real Sociedad.
"He was linked very heavily with a move to Spurs last summer when they were looking for a backup striker for Harry Kane, while he had also been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid as a replacement for Diego Costa this month.
"But he is coming to Wolves, although he does need a work permit, so we are expecting this deal to be done next week in time for him to play against Chelsea next Wednesday night.
"It is a loan, with an option to buy and he is someone who should suit English football."

Only reason this is slightly delayed is the time the new Brexit work permit grants take so anyone who fancied a gazump would be in the same boat and we are ahead.

Only reason this is slightly delayed is the time the new Brexit work permit grants take so anyone who fancied a gazump would be in the same boat and we are ahead.
Unless they are based in the EU of course...

West Ham being linked with a forward. I am shocked

According to Sky, Nuno has said the Jose move is a done deal.

No why?

I thought I was just confirming what Nuno had said about the move.
Jinky's post didn't mention Nuno.

This is what Nuno said this afternoon -

No why?

I thought I was just confirming what Nuno had said about the move.
Jinky's post didn't mention Nuno.
In that case it’s Kenny you’ve got on ignore. Good choice.

As you were.

Back