• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2021 Transfer Window

£5m I think? But he did at least play two full seasons (badly), not two games!

Daley was just stupidity on the part of the management as Taylor was told not to sign him on account of him being made of Ryvita.

All told Robert Taylor was a worse deal than Cutrone too. That was literally all our money on someone everyone knew wasn't good enough before he kicked a ball for the club. Not even 10 league games.

Last edited:
£5m I think? But he did at least play two full seasons (badly), not two games!

Daley was just stupidity on the part of the management as Taylor was told not to sign him on account of him being made of Ryvita.

All told Robert Taylor was a worse deal than Cutrone too. That was literally all our money on someone everyone knew wasn't good enough before he kicked a ball for the club. Not even 10 league games.
Taylor is the most angry I've been about a signing. Doubt there was a single fan who wanted him here.

German Phil, and the either permacroc that was here when Sako and Dicko were who's name escapes me must be up there as well, unless it's that one DW mentioned, what about Kaspar Gorkks as well?

Boukari?

At least we only picked up Gorkss' stupid wage tab for what amounted to a few weeks.

Leon was an absolutely stupid deal too. I know it wasn't that much money in the grand scheme of things but we may as well have flushed it away, we didn't need him and we even knew he was shit.

That Aussie keeper who we paid for but didn't actually play for us, Kalac I think

Leon was an absolutely stupid deal too. I know it wasn't that much money in the grand scheme of things but we may as well have flushed it away, we didn't need him and we even knew he was shit.
Didn't you mention it at the time ;)

Did Boukari ever play a league game for us? I remember seeing him vs Northampton I think in the league cup when everyone was more interested in the Akinfenwa chants.

That Aussie keeper who we paid for but didn't actually play for us, Kalac I think

That was the FA fucking us over in fairness (not that we should have been signing him in the first place as he was trash). Leicester went whining about us nicking McGhee and they took their side when they probably shouldn't have. Wasn't a lot of money though. Signing Corica when we could have had Alex Rae for the same money at the same time is the bigger sin.
Didn't you mention it at the time ;)

"Get us over the line" I believe was the positive spin on it at the time. Scored 1 goal (to make it 4-1 at Swindon, so not even important) and hardly ever played for the rest of that season. Excellent work. Inadvertently screwed Liam McAlinden over too (he might never have been good enough but what kind of message does that send).

Did Boukari ever play a league game for us? I remember seeing him vs Northampton I think in the league cup when everyone was more interested in the Akinfenwa chants.
He did, four of them. Got injured vs Sheff Wed and never played again in our colours.

That was the FA fucking us over in fairness (not that we should have been signing him in the first place as he was trash). Leicester went whining about us nicking McGhee and they took their side when they probably shouldn't have. Wasn't a lot of money though. Signing Corica when we could have had Alex Rae for the same money at the same time is the bigger sin.

"Get us over the line" I believe was the positive spin on it at the time. Scored 1 goal (to make it 4-1 at Swindon, so not even important) and hardly ever played for the rest of that season. Excellent work. Inadvertently screwed Liam McAlinden over too (he might never have been good enough but what kind of message does that send).
I never understood how he didn't get a work permit despite being already "employed" by Leicester

Just looked Boukari up to see if he was still playing, 10 appearances, 1 goal, 0 assists for Chateauroux who are bottom of Ligue 2.

Gedson is moving to Gala. You guys can rest now.

Speaking of Gedson, little Gossip. Have any of you heard of a story involving Gedson and Spurs, Watford and West Ham players?

Gedson is moving to Gala. You guys can rest now.

Speaking of Gedson, little Gossip. Have any of you heard of a story involving Gedson and Spurs, Watford and West Ham players?
No?

Back