• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

I'd take Ramsey all day long, but not on his expected wages..
Gerrim in with Sanchez. In the 50% of games where just one of them is fit we'll be ok, in the 25% when both are injured we'll be dreadful but my God we'll be great in the 25% of games they're both fit at the same time!:)

...Aaron Ramsey... Wants out of Juve to get playing time before the World Cup, it seems.

Is his place so under threat that he won't be selected? Who else do Wales have of his calibre??

I'd take Ramsey all day long, but not on his expected wages..
Interesting listen on talk sport earlier. Apparently Ramsey is owed money by Juve and may refuse a move until he is paid etc. Now, I get the ‘should be given what he’s owed’ etc but he’s a multi millionaire one would imagine. If he is willing to sit there and be awkward rather than want to go play somewhere, I wouldn’t want him.

Lille now apparently wanting £40m+ for Botman, which has put off AC Milan. There’s direct quotes from their chairman out there, but he didn’t mention the fee - just said Lille don’t want to sell.

We really needed to make that one happen in the summer, because with the likes of Newcastle & Milan now sniffing around (and what appears to be a potential bidding war), we won’t have a chance now.

Just because Lille want more for him now doesn't mean he's actually worth more.

Agree with Jinks. Anyone half decent who'd be willing to go to a middle of the PL club will now be fodder for Newcastle to ruin with stupid bids. Unless they get relegated of course. Fingers crossed.

Just because Lille want more for him now doesn't mean he's actually worth more.
I didn’t say he was. I said from a financial point of view, the time to secure him was the summer. We won’t get close now so better to move on to other targets.

I'd rather pay Ramsey £250k a week than Trincao £130k
Yeah I’m not sure on that one. Ramsey is still class but always broken. I don’t think we can compete for these types of players.

(Ramsey, Coutinho etc)

Lille now apparently wanting £40m+ for Botman, which has put off AC Milan. There’s direct quotes from their chairman out there, but he didn’t mention the fee - just said Lille don’t want to sell.

We really needed to make that one happen in the summer, because with the likes of Newcastle & Milan now sniffing around (and what appears to be a potential bidding war), we won’t have a chance now.
And by all accounts we could've had him for £30m in the summer, but we maxed out at £25m

And by all accounts we could've had him for £30m in the summer, but we maxed out at £25m
I mean to me, this just says the club value him at 25m max and won't pay more because they don't think it's good value.

I don't particularly see anything wrong with that.

I mean to me, this just says the club value him at 25m max and won't pay more because they don't think it's good value.

I don't particularly see anything wrong with that.
It’s ok in principal. But when you continually miss out on transfer targets because you’re not budging, eventually you have to reconsider the tactic.

The better line of debate here would have been, do the club see Botman being worth more than £30m in 2-3 years time if he continues to progress? If the answer is yes, you bite the bullet and stump up the extra £5m.

If we could have had him for £30m in the summer and he’s now being touted around for over £40m, but we maxed out at £25m and walked away - that tells you everything you need to know.

It’s ok in principal. But when you continually miss out on transfer targets because you’re not budging, eventually you have to reconsider the tactic.

The better line of debate here would have been, do the club see Botman being worth more than £30m in 2-3 years time if he continues to progress? If the answer is yes, you bite the bullet and stump up the extra £5m.

If we could have had him for £30m in the summer and he’s now being touted around for over £40m, but we maxed out at £25m and walked away - that tells you everything you need to know.
It can, but a player's fee is not directly proportional to their talent. Remember how much was spent on Mangala or Lindelof or Harry friggin' Maguire.

I mean we've already been down this road by reaching on Semedo's fee, and a lot of people were pissed we'd paid too much for quite some time. Some still don't rate him.

Yeah I’m not sure on that one. Ramsey is still class but always broken. I don’t think we can compete for these types of players.

(Ramsey, Coutinho etc)
We could but that’s not the Fosun model so we will look elsewhere

Back