• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Dickhead.
I think he is a Jota esque player. He is unloved at Spurs but could be a real star here. Imagine him in front of Neves and linking with Raul Podence and Hwang. He is a master of dark arts too . I really would think he would do well here. I would rather him in our tent pissing out so to speak .

I mean to me, this just says the club value him at 25m max and won't pay more because they don't think it's good value.

I don't particularly see anything wrong with that.
I don't have a problem with that in principle as long as the original valuation was realistic, which in the case of Botman I don't have a clue.

What is flawed is being told at the start of the window what the price is, then going back in at the end and being told the same price, whilst it would appear not having a fall back option in place

I love Saïss and Marçal for their utterly twattish buffoonery on the pitch, but three is definitely a crowd with that type of player, IMO.

And by all accounts we could've had him for £30m in the summer, but we maxed out at £25m

We'd have likely regretted it based on what I've seen of him. I don't think he's any better than what we have already.

It can, but a player's fee is not directly proportional to their talent. Remember how much was spent on Mangala or Lindelof or Harry friggin' Maguire.

I mean we've already been down this road by reaching on Semedo's fee, and a lot of people were pissed we'd paid too much for quite some time. Some still don't rate him.
Two different points for me. Is Semedo a decent full back?- yes. Is/was/will he ever be worth £30m- no. You can think it was a poor deal value wise without being anti the player himself.

I love Saïss and Marçal for their utterly twattish buffoonery on the pitch, but three is definitely a crowd with that type of player, IMO.
Except Alli gets penalties. Something we are sadly lacking in . I am now thinking outside the box as Spurs seem to want adama and there is no guarantee of Fosun investing the money we get . Look how lingard thrived at West Ham . Alli could do the same here. There is a player underneath the dickhead.
Jeff if you’re reading this give me a ring . I will talk you through it 🤣🤣

I think he is a Jota esque player. He is unloved at Spurs but could be a real star here. Imagine him in front of Neves and linking with Raul Podence and Hwang. He is a master of dark arts too . I really would think he would do well here. I would rather him in our tent pissing out so to speak .

Never ever compare fucking Dele Alli and Jota. The former mails it in regularly and shows a complete lack of respect for the fans who pay money to watch his 'performances'. The latter ran his bollocks off every single game as standard, regardless of if it was working or not. When it comes to professionalism they are miles apart. I see Dele Alli as a Roger Johnson esque player myself.

Hasn't put it in for the best part of 3 years now, under 4 different managers. He's not interested. Too much, too soon

Never ever compare fucking Dele Alli and Jota. The former mails it in regularly and shows a complete lack of respect for the fans who pay money to watch his 'performances'. The latter ran his bollocks off every single game as standard, regardless of if it was working or not. When it comes to professionalism they are miles apart. I see Dele Alli as a Roger Johnson esque player myself.
Jota was our best master of the dark arts. We loved him for it. He won free kicks and penalties in dangerous areas. He knew when yo go down and how. Ederson will attest to that. Alli did that with Sa and won the game with that penalty. That’s the comparison I was thinking. Sorry if that wasn’t clear

Jota was our best master of the dark arts. We loved him for it. He won free kicks and penalties in dangerous areas. He knew when yo go down and how. Ederson will attest to that. Alli did that with Sa and won the game with that penalty. That’s the comparison I was thinking. Sorry if that wasn’t clear

Ahh you meant he's a cheating cunt. In that case, I concur.

Back