• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Jeremy Corbyn

I do like Jess Phillips. She'd win a GE for Labour I reckon.

Yeah she would. She's real, relatable, and believes in the right stuff.

Not a hope, image counts for a lot and you can't go ranting on like it's a bad parents' evening.

I don't mind her but she isn't really even ministerial material, let alone PM.

True, we need more posh, oxbridge debate society white blokes in the house of commons tbf

Yes Del, that is exactly what I want.

Corbyn is the opposite of Bullingdon types, how's that going? How did Ed Miliband fare?

Jess Phillips would have absolutely fuck all chance. Don't delude yourself.

I have a sneaking admiration for John McDonnell. Probably fuck up my career to be fair, but hey ho.

It's Starmer all the way once we're post-Corbz for me. Outside shot of Lammy although I fear he's divisive given how racist our country is.

Starmer is clear leadership material. And he would destroy a load of the current lot in power over the despatch box if he was given free rein by Jezmundo,

Not a hope, image counts for a lot and you can't go ranting on like it's a bad parents' evening.

I don't mind her but she isn't really even ministerial material, let alone PM.

I would have said that years ago about Boris Johnson (and Trump as US President) but I can no longer prognosticate how this crazy, imagistic, postmodern world will make sense of the current surge in populism.

Don't mind starmer, but really don't see him getting voted in by Labour party members. It needs a Corbyn-like/lite to get out of this current mess - Starmer comes across as a bit of a posho.

Don't mind starmer, but really don't see him getting voted in by Labour party members. It needs a Corbyn-like/lite to get out of this current mess - Starmer comes across as a bit of a posho.

Lammy then?

I would have said that years ago about Boris Johnson (and Trump as US President) but I can no longer prognosticate how this crazy, imagistic, postmodern world will make sense of the current surge in populism.

The thing is though that they ARE establishment figures - neither of those have ever had to work for anything in their lives.

And there's the rub for Labour at the moment. Satisfying the "keep momentum happy" idea might mean missing out on some true candidates that could win them a lot of power against a Conservative Party that is trying to implode.

This is an opportunity that Labour cannot afford to miss. If they do, the Lib Dems might start picking up their seats as well. The threat is from both sides

Lammy then?
Too divisive sadly. Comes across as a posher version of Phillips too at times - I'm guilty of getting angry when serious, but it's not a good look if it happens very frequently as a politician

The thing is though that they ARE establishment figures - neither of those have ever had to work for anything in their lives.

You've hit the nail on the head there. I don't understand how these privileged charlatans can harness populism to delude so many people. I mean, I find it absolutely confounding how Johnson or Trump could even make a case for railing against the establishment when they are part of it. They are simply opportunistic braggadocios and never leaders.

Too divisive sadly. Comes across as a posher version of Phillips too at times - I'm guilty of getting angry when serious, but it's not a good look if it happens very frequently as a politician

So you want a non-posho, but someone who is concerned with the working class? Would also have to be non-Brexit too. But intelligent and a good speaker.

Fair play if you want to draw that Venn diagram, I can't.

You've hit the nail on the head there. I don't understand how these privileged charlatans can harness populism to delude so many people. I mean, I find it absolutely confounding how Johnson or Trump could even make a case for railing against the establishment when they are part of it. They are simply opportunistic braggadocios and never leaders.

Rees-Mogg is the one for me. When he was called "a man of the people" despite being the antithesis of "a man of the people", well, what can you do.

I think we are slowly getting there. Johnson has been getting absolute pelters all week and Dacre is gone. It's slow progress but these idiots are being called out for what they are.

America is different.

Starmer would be popular with the PLP. No chance with the membership as it currently stands.

Lammy, really? He’d get less votes than Corbyn.

Yes, Lammy. And fewer, not less.

I broadly agree with his beliefs. He is a good man. He is an excellent speaker.

Boris Johnson fits none of that so clearly in a one on one fight, I'd go with Lammy.

I do believe though that our society is so racist (or at least, that racist core has been brought to the forefront by the likes of Farage and yes, Johnson) that we wouldn't even consider a black Prime Minister.

Back