• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

You couldn't have dinner as a group and not continue working. It's all a bit shit, but he can't go boots in on Johnson and survive this, if he gets fined
You order in a big curry. People get a plate during the meeting and help themselves. You are still working. Mail smear campaign is disgraceful.

For labour it might be a win/win. Get exonerated (most likely) and they can say we know how to follow rules; get a fine Starmer will resign and they can say they have principals.

Only slight downside to the latter is that it might mean Johnson goes faster which is probably not in their interest.

For labour it might be a win/win. Get exonerated (most likely) and they can say we know how to follow rules; get a fine Starmer will resign and they can say they have principals.

Only slight downside to the latter is that it might mean Johnson goes faster which is probably not in their interest.
I think a lot of people vote for Johnson more than they vote Tory. They’re the ones who when questioned say they don’t care about his law breaking as they can’t face admitting they voted for a complete twat. Such voters are unlikely to be enamoured by any of the alternatives to Johnson especially when inflation soars and the new incumbent gets the blame. If the Tories lose him they will lose a lot of votes as well as regain some from traditional Tories who accept he’s a twat. No idea where the balance lies between the two groups though.

I think a lot of people vote for Johnson more than they vote Tory. They’re the ones who when questioned say they don’t care about his law breaking as they can’t face admitting they voted for a complete twat. Such voters are unlikely to be enamoured by any of the alternatives to Johnson especially when inflation soars and the new incumbent gets the blame. If the Tories lose him they will lose a lot of votes as well as regain some from traditional Tories who accept he’s a twat. No idea where the balance lies between the two groups though.
The blue wall, if it’s called that, in the south seems to be disintegrating because of Johnson. That would worry me a lot if I’m a Tory.

It’s also where having a bit of a wimp like Starmer helps - the tories can happily not vote Tory as he doesn’t scare them. Not sure Burnham would have the same help.

The blue wall, if it’s called that, in the south seems to be disintegrating because of Johnson. That would worry me a lot if I’m a Tory.

It’s also where having a bit of a wimp like Starmer helps - the tories can happily not vote Tory as he doesn’t scare them. Not sure Burnham would have the same help.
The blue wall outside of London will turn yellowy orange rather than red so I doubt Starmer going would be critical.

If Johnson does go (highly unlikely imo) surely Tory/ potential Tory voters will think the new incumbent will start with a clean sheet and be 'given a chance'.
Also would Tory types vote Lib Dem? More left wing than Labour aren't they?

Also would Tory types vote Lib Dem? More left wing than Labour aren't they?
You're assuming people are actually informed/paying attention. Lib Dem has always been a protest vote for Tories that don't want Labour.
Lots also going Green, who are also very left, but most importantly aren't red.

You're assuming people are actually informed/paying attention. Lib Dem has always been a protest vote for Tories that don't want Labour.
Fair point

It's very random just how many votes the Greens pick up from Tory voters. It's almost as if they have no idea what the politics of the Green Party are 🤣

The Times are reporting that Starmer will resign if he has broken the rules.

Yep, his whole thing is honesty and integrity. He has to go if the police decide he broke the law and it will show Boris for the schyster he is

If he does resign it’ll be spun as he’d done something far far worse than boris ever did, that’s why he had to go

I wonder if he's found guilty and resigns, people will look on it as he (and therefore Labour) have much more integrity than Johnson. Also I think Starmer has been pretty poor over the last few years. If Labour can come up with a decent candidate it will surely give them a boost? A lot of ifs and buts I know.

I wonder if he's found guilty and resigns, people will look on it as he (and therefore Labour) have much more integrity than Johnson. Also I think Starmer has been pretty poor over the last few years. If Labour can come up with a decent candidate it will surely give them a boost? A lot of ifs and buts I know.
Cue Andy Burnham.

It'll be spun as starmer did wrong & had to go, but boris didn't, and maintains he did nothing wrong.
Yep, if starmer goes he'll get painted as a hypocrite which will get absolutely lapped up.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere but Rayner would also have to go as she was at the event too.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere but Rayner would also have to go as she was at the event too.
I think the while thing has been a hatchet job on Rayner rather than Starmer as she's the threat.

Back