• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

League without the top 6

Can someone do me a league table showing our current position but only against the teams we've played so far, regardless of their position, just base it, I don't know, say 31 games so far, obviously don't include the 7 games we've yet to play as I don't want to skew the data.
And what will that prove?...

And what will that prove?...

I guess it will show us where we’d be if results had gone the way they had, perhaps.

Personally, I think we should have a table that shows us where we would be if we remove the round of fixtures where we’ve lost.

However you dress it up, the problem was we struggle without Raul in the team and earlier on, we struggled when Raul wasn’t scoring like he has of late.

We need someone who can replace him or at least play similar. It’s understandable that we didn’t in January after the Tammy deal fell through.

While we are at it then I decided to look at our form after an international break , given that happened this weekend

This season

September- won 1-0 v Burnley on first game back
October- Lost 2-0 Watford first game back
November- Lost 2-0 Huddersfield first game back and the 2-1 Cardiff the next week, but hey ho its November
March lost 2-0 to Burnley in the first game back.

So international breaks also knock us off rhythm it seems.

Wasn't going to revisit this BUT...
Last season post International Break

September - Won 1-0 v Millwall (H)
October - Won 2-0 v Aston Villa (H)
November - Won 2-0 v Reading (A), Wednesday beat Leeds 4-1 (H) then followed with a 5-1 win v Bolton (H) but it was November
March - Won 2-1 v Middlesbrough (A)

So International breaks jinx us... Oh, wait :devil: :run:

Wasn't going to revisit this BUT...
Last season post International Break

September - Won 1-0 v Millwall (H)
October - Won 2-0 v Aston Villa (H)
November - Won 2-0 v Reading (A), Wednesday beat Leeds 4-1 (H) then followed with a 5-1 win v Bolton (H) but it was November
March - Won 2-1 v Middlesbrough (A)

So International breaks jinx us... Oh, wait :devil: :run:

Lols

Our only November wins in five years? I never checked other years international breaks to be fair

And we beat man utd! Surely the debate ends?

I may owe darlo beer?

7C62624E-3613-4EA6-87E2-BE9535C26562.jpg

How mental is that haha. Ofcourse, sure we’ll smash our games in hand in the latter league...

The thing is that the bottom six isn't a fixed entity like the current top six is.

We've beaten teams who aren't in the bottom six now but were when we played them. Equally Brighton weren't bottom six when we lost to them.

And Burnley (3 points) now aren't in the bottom six, but Newcastle (4 points) are.

And Burnley (3 points) now aren't in the bottom six, but Newcastle (4 points) are.

I would actually argue that we played better against Burnley at home than we did against Newcastle in either match. Those were 4 fortunate points. We should have scored 5 against Burnley at home. 35 attempts! Imagine how pissed off we would be if it were a two legged cup game? Thrashed them 1 0 then lose two nil and they only have one shot on target?

I would actually argue that we played better against Burnley at home than we did against Newcastle in either match. Those were 4 fortunate points. We should have scored 5 against Burnley at home. 35 attempts!
It was 3 points we gained in injury time

I would actually argue that we played better against Burnley at home than we did against Newcastle in either match. Those were 4 fortunate points. We should have scored 5 against Burnley at home. 35 attempts! Imagine how pissed off we would be if it were a two legged cup game? Thrashed them 1 0 then lose two nil and they only have one shot on target?

Isn't that irrelevant to your argument for the rest of the thread which has been entirely about the RESULT.

Look, you lot can argue black is white if you like. Call me when we have a season when our record doesn't include losing twice to a side relegated in march and failing to win away at Cardiff , Burnley and Fulham. Its been a fabulous season, but you and Deutsch and Tony, among others, are as entrenched in your view on this as you are on brexit.

Tell you what. Next season if we finish top half and don't lose to any team who get relegated then I am happy to concede its problem solved. Until then I will firstly look at the fixture list in hope that we are playing the top teams in November, and hope for a November win . God help my superstition if November gives us games against Norwich and Brighton!

Does it matter? No

All just a load of bollocks to discuss because what's on TV is shit.

Look, you lot can argue black is white if you like. Call me when we have a season when our record doesn't include losing twice to a side relegated in march and failing to win away at Cardiff , Burnley and Fulham. Its been a fabulous season, but you and Deutsch and Tony, among others, are as entrenched in your view on this as you are on brexit.

Tell you what. Next season if we finish top half and don't lose to any team who get relegated then I am happy to concede its problem solved. Until then I will firstly look at the fixture list in hope that we are playing the top teams in November, and hope for a November win . God help my superstition if November gives us games against Norwich and Brighton!

Who cares who we beat or who we lose to if the end result is a great finish? That's where your stance confuses me.

When they look back at the season in the history books or on wiki (how modern) the first thing to be seen is the table.

It's not like all the teams outside the top 6 have no problems beating the bottom 6 every time. They're all inconsistent and have bad results.

Change that to 3 1 5 .

Still it's not a problem

Fucking hell

Back