• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

League without the top 6

The problem is Cyber that the reason we lost this is completely different to why we lost against, say, Huddersfield or Cardiff.

It’s such a small sample of games too, to be honest. I know it’s all we have to analyse but essentially all we know truly is that we are a mid table team who win some and lose some. For us to progress (as Fosun clearly are ambitious) we need to become more consistent in general.

Aye - it's hardly hold the back page stuff is it?

But Cyber needs to feel vindicated...

Also since Hasenhüttl came in, Southampton are about 10th in the form table. They're down the bottom because Mark Hughes is a decade past his sell by date and they decided to give him half the season.

I disagree personally. Southampton were always going to play in that manner, we walked into this knowing how they have performed under there new manager and still never looked like winning. Statistically it looks unlikely a team from outside the top 6 will maintain the form we have had versus them for two seasons in a row. So solving this issue is not only a concern, but something that is more realistically the first step for us in terms of making the top 6, a top 7.

Saints aren’t really a bottom 1/3 club, and after last week a loss wasn’t exactly unexpected. However what I will say is we lose too many games in general. Excluding the top 6 (as a draw is considered a good result here) we either play well and win or play ok and lose or play badly and lose. It’s rarely in between as we’re giving away too many sloppy goals giving ourselves mountains to climb.

We’ve still won more than we have lost haven’t we? That is pretty impressive for a promoted side

Aye - it's hardly hold the back page stuff is it?

But Cyber needs to feel vindicated...

No he doesn't. Unfortunately I was vindicated a long time ago. What I can't see is changing the pattern and it would have been decent of a few more to have acknowledged it. Today was always a tough one a after last week and I feared defeat. Giving fucking goals in the first minute needs to stop regardless of who we play. Our squad is far too thin for Europe. Most of that team looked knackered for the last twenty.

Away form .

Only lost away at city otherwise unbeaten against the big six.

Lost away to Cardiff Burnley Huddersfield Southampton and drew with Fulham.

70% possession 2 shots on target today.
No shots on target at Huddersfield
One shot on target at Burnley.

That is the problem.

Next season, second season syndrome and all that, we will do well to match this seasons record against the big six. So we need to ensure that we have enough depth to avoid dropping points at teams who are struggling. There are some lessons to learn even if we have had a good season. It could , however, have been an excellent one if we had done better against some of the lower placed teams.

Fully obboard with what you are saying. Need a Tactic or style for those possession dominant games.

We ALL know that shit though.

Let the powers that be sort it rather than catastrophising about possibilities that MIGHT match what you are saying.

Back