• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester City (H) League Cup Rd 3 25.09.2018

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
No doubt a whole host of changes tomorrow. 9 in the previous round could we see more this time around?

Cav back in training and could feature

Possible 11

.............Ruddy

Dendoncker....Coady....Hause

Iorfa...Saiss....MGW....Vinagre

Cav.....Leo....Traore

We might as well use Iorfa now he is here until Jan. Doc has taken a hammering in most games this season and will probably need 4 days rest after being destroyed by Boly so deserves a night off.

If Cav isn't deemed ready to start, then MGW will probably play in the 3 like he did at Wednesday and if we decide to give Coady a night off we can move Dendoncker to the centre and Saiss to RWB but that would mean a midfield pairing from Watt, Goncalves and MGW plus Saiss is shit at RCB

I wouldn't play Doherty or Coady in this. Both play in positions we have little to no back-up in, so it's not worth putting them at risk of injury when we have others who need the gametime.

I'd go Dendonker in the middle of the three with Hause & Saiss either side and then Watt/MGW as the middle two - or alternatively, give Kilman a go in the middle of the back three with Hause/Dendonker either side and move Saiss in to the middle next to MGW.

I don't think Cav will be ready to start this one either. Possibly 15-20 minutes from the bench.

That looks a sensible XI, I wouldn't have Saiss in the back three.

They've opened up NU3 now, mildly annoying as I bought tickets in the lower quadrant yesterday, fairly high up though so should be ok.

Win this and it is as far as we have gone in this competition in a long time, with a great chance of progressing further.

I wouldn't play the entire first XI, but I can't agree with bringing the likes of Iorfa in.

I don't think Cav will be ready to start this one either. Possibly 15-20 minutes from the bench.

Nuno doesn't ease players back in, he just plays them. Costa had been out with a far more serious injury than Cav last year, he wasn't ready to start vs Bristol Rovers so he wasn't in the squad at all. He just banged him straight in at Bramall Lane (albeit he only ended up lasting 20 minutes or so due to the red card). Then started vs Burton and Villa.

I only think Cav will be included if he's ok to do an hour or so. If he is then he'll play.

Same stage as last year if we do win ;) (we had to win three games to get that far last year as opposed to two this time)

Records will say we're in the fourth round no matter what. Win that and we're in a QF and we can all start to get a bit excited.

Yeah, but it's not really a landmark in terms of recent history if we do win, we're just replicating what we did a whole one year ago. Anyway we haven't won this one yet.

This is the team they put out vs Fleetwood:

--------------------Ward--------------------

Amartey-----Morgan-----Evans-------Fuchs

Ghezzal------Iborra------Silva--------Albrighton

------------Okazaki------Iheanacho--------------

Wouldn't play any of the 11 who have started league games so far - Saiss in midfield please plus MGW (or Watt/Goncalves if he is needed further forward as Cav not considered ready yet) RCB is not his position & he will at least bring some experience into that area of the field.

Can live with Iorfa playing - he's done at least 1 U23 game so should have some idea of the pattern of play we want from that position.

Not sure about the RCB as don't know enough about the U23 squad in that position. Give this game a go, but it's not critical to our season.

(Dan Lower Quadrant is fine for views as long as you are a decent way back - did 2 home games in there at the end of last season)

(Dan Lower Quadrant is fine for views as long as you are a decent way back - did 2 home games in there at the end of last season)

Row CC so it should be ok. I suppose I could phone up and move them, I don't want to talk to people though. Yuck.

I'm going to this one with my old man

So we have no chance

Looks like Goncalves, Watt, Giles and Ashley-Deal could be involved tomorrow.
f454870339afd66b86a69983640effbd.jpg

I was thinking Kenny's team but Iorfa is in the u23's so guessing Doc will play, unless he tries Jonny at rwb

I'm still not sure where Nuno see's MGW best position, seen him at CM and as a wide forward, think he played more as a 10 in the world cup which obviously can't do in our system

Up by the Way there will be plenty of spaces in those car parks, and it isn't as long a walk as people think.

I will be parking on Fold Street. £1 after 6pm

Back