• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion: 2020/21

My gut feeling was once Southgate played Coady once, he'd find him very difficult to drop. I hope I'm proved right

Double post, first for a while...

Grealish has done well tonight. DCL and Ings also linked well at points, but we all know Kane will always start (wonder if he could get Kane AND DCL playing together? Probably too similar).

Love Coads in the middle of the back three - so vocal. Not convinced Southgate sees him in his best 11, though.

Pains me to say it, but Grealish has been great tonight, albeit against poor opposition.

Grealish is must starter for England creative and carries the ball so well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grealish is must starter for England creative and carries the ball so well

He makes the 3-5-2 work when played deeper like he has in the 2nd half. Not in the game really in the first half as the 5-2-3 set up was awful.

Grealish has done well tonight. DCL and Ings also linked well at points, but we all know Kane will always start (wonder if he could get Kane AND DCL playing together? Probably too similar).

Love Coads in the middle of the back three - so vocal. Not convinced Southgate sees him in his best 11, though.

I know what you mean, but it's not always about the best eleven players. I see Coady more as a part of the most effective England XI

England immediately looked more balanced and attacking as soon as Winks and Phillips were broken up and a less defensive midfielder went on.
Coady has a legitimate claim to become an England regular and this more attacking line up with the 3 at the back looks ideal

Jump in your time machine and tell yourself just before Nuno took over that Conor Coady would play, score and captain England. You'd have been sectioned!

So pleased for Coady, hope he gets the experience of going to a major tournament with England in the future, he'd be a boon to any squad. Wonderful to see so many of our stars on the international stage this week

Called the first batch of subs wrong, looked much more potent after. Hope this isn't "planB" and Gareth finds a way to make it work with the superstars back in.

He looks every bit an England captain and even has an international goal. Took it bloody well too ! Shocked himself too! Have you ever seen a bigger smile!

Good win.

Jump in your time machine and tell yourself just before Nuno took over that Conor Coady would play, score and captain England. You'd have been sectioned!

Post of the decade

Bloody right. He sucked before Nuno

Now he’s a 40m Beckenbauer

Watchi Coady his interview he is such a humble levelheaded lovely young man. I really hope that he stays in the England setup for a long time

Loved that interview. What a guy!

I thought he was close to tears. Chuffed to bits for him.

Can’t see him being omitted for a while unless a complete drop off in form

Back