• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there was an obvious attempt to play the ball! 😁

I'll get me coat

Professional fouls DGSO are though.
But there's no guarantee that the ball goes in the net in this instance, in fact its pretty clear it hits Henderson if he doesn't handball it.

Its definitely semantics though because if I deliberately haul you down in the penalty area when you're one on one with the keeper then I'm getting sent off (no guarantee that you'd score). But have you ever seen someone get a straight red card for handball unless its practically on the goal line and its definitely going in the goal (Suarez against Ghana being a prime example) or the goal is completely unguarded if a player doesn't handle it (for instance keeper rushes out of area and knocks it away and would have been an open goal)?

I think it’s been entertaining but of low quality really, West Ham could finish their dinner today. Forrest getting one of those wins you need desperately after being promoted.

But have you ever seen someone get a straight red card for handball unless its practically on the goal line and its definitely going in the goal (Suarez against Ghana being a prime example) or the goal is completely unguarded if a player doesn't handle it (for instance keeper rushes out of area and knocks it away and would have been an open goal)?

Wasn't going in. And they got the wrong player!

But there's no guarantee that the ball goes in the net in this instance, in fact its pretty clear it hits Henderson if he doesn't handball it.

Its definitely semantics though because if I deliberately haul you down in the penalty area when you're one on one with the keeper then I'm getting sent off (no guarantee that you'd score). But have you ever seen someone get a straight red card for handball unless its practically on the goal line and its definitely going in the goal (Suarez against Ghana being a prime example) or the goal is completely unguarded if a player doesn't handle it (for instance keeper rushes out of area and knocks it away and would have been an open goal)?
What Henderson would do isn’t a factor. He might have missed it, might have spilt it through his hands, might have punched it in his own net.

Same as any decision isn’t a factor what would happen after. Players gets booked all the time for breaking up attacks when the player has already practically lost the ball running into 3 players or even out of play.

A lot of words for me to repeat “Henderson isn’t a factor”

What Henderson would do isn’t a factor. He might have missed it, might have spilt it through his hands, might have punched it in his own net.

Same as any decision isn’t a factor what would happen after. Players gets booked all the time for breaking up attacks when the player has already practically lost the ball running into 3 players or even out of play.

A lot of words for me to repeat “Henderson isn’t a factor”
But quite clearly it is as its why he wasn't sent off.

Link doesn't work, but searched it and clearly the Ox is the last man in that case (and the keeper was beaten) which is why (rightly or wrongly) it was given as a red.

The rule wording is essentially

Delibrate handball is a red card if it denies a clear goal scoring opportunity.

So Henderson has been included in their thinking and his position to where the ball is heading. Whether that is right or not, at least 2 refs have called that based on the video.

Good to see Tottenham deciding that picking up big centre halves from corners is something completely unnecessary...

The rule wording is essentially

Delibrate handball is a red card if it denies a clear goal scoring opportunity.

So Henderson has been included in their thinking and his position to where the ball is heading. Whether that is right or not, at least 2 refs have called that based on the video.
A shot on goal is a clear goal scoring opportunity. Same as a player running through on goal when he hasn’t even had a bloody shot yet or might not even do so!

Henderson being included in that decision is wrong. It’s that simple. Hence the decision was wrong as I originally stated.

A shot on goal is a clear goal scoring opportunity. Same as a player running through on goal when he hasn’t even had a bloody shot yet or might not even do so!

Henderson being included in that decision is wrong. It’s that simple. Hence the decision was wrong as I originally stated.
I guess a foul when clear through is looked at differently.
They have looked at Henderson and his position so you have to presume that is how they have determined clear or not. As the hand ball is made Henderson is mirroring the actions right behind him. If he isn't directly behind him, it's a red as remove the arm and ball goes in.

I thought it would be a red but the way the ref was looking at the video and the fact that the comms and in the studio were calm on it must mean that is the way that is interepted these days

Spurs level after some joke shop defending from Jorginho in the Chelsea penalty area give possession away and Spurs stroke it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back