• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendy channeling his inner Jose Sa. I can see is getting caught out like that pretty soon the way we mess about at the back.

Leeds stuffing Chelsea and Brighton jn front against West Ham atm. Both scores surprising?

I can't believe how wrong I've been about Brenden Aaronson so far.

But glad that Marsch doesn't seem to be going the way of Bradley at Swansea.

That it happens to be at Chelsea's expense today is a bonus.

Mendy channeling his inner Jose Sa. I can see is getting caught out like that pretty soon the way we mess about at the back.
To be fair it’s one of the bits so far this season that has pleased me in comparison to last season. Still sometimes getting stuck in our own corner but think Kilman and Collins are better equipped to deal with it too

To be fair it’s one of the bits so far this season that has pleased me in comparison to last season. Still sometimes getting stuck in our own corner but think Kilman and Collins are better equipped to deal with it too

A midfielder or two with Kilman's mentality on the ball would go a long way.

A midfielder or two with Kilman's mentality on the ball would go a long way.
I think Neves has been pretty good this season with it too tbf (I’ve previously agreed with your criticisms, whether that’s been individual or the coaching). Nunes will definitely help

I think Neves has been pretty good this season with it too tbf (I’ve previously agreed with your criticisms, whether that’s been individual or the coaching). Nunes will definitely help
Yesterday was the first game I've seen fully and think, in the first half at least with Wolves on top, it fell very much into the category of Wolves being allowed to play, which suits Neves. He was usually the spare man in midfield up against Spurs' two and none of the front three seemed to drop back and press him once Wolves defence had played through them.

Be interesting to see if a different type of player in Nunes will provide more of an outlet for him and make him more comfortable doing things he's previously struggled with. Certainly think there will be tougher tests for him to prove he's made that step up than yesterday's first half.

I didn’t see the Fulham game unfortunately but against Leeds I definitely felt he benefitted from having more options in front of him. So even if he does drop between centre backs, we don’t suddenly have a big gap in the middle of the pitch like we tend to when he does that alongside a back three.

That was always quite a strange tactic Nuno would try to employ every now and then. Don’t think it ever worked and he’d quickly scrap it (less so in the final season)

I didn’t see the Fulham game unfortunately but against Leeds I definitely felt he benefitted from having more options in front of him. So even if he does drop between centre backs, we don’t suddenly have a big gap in the middle of the pitch like we tend to when he does that alongside a back three.

That was always quite a strange tactic Nuno would try to employ every now and then. Don’t think it ever worked and he’d quickly scrap it (less so in the final season)

I think the problem if you ask him to stay higher up is that it becomes very easy for opponents to quickly push him into playing it straight back into the defence. He has to come deeper to guarantee himself the time and space he wants to get on the ball, facing forwards so he can get his head up and find those passes.

Shocking defending from Newcastle gifting Man City the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back