• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Pessina who wins the ball plays as one of the 2 10's behind Zapata with 2 more defensive players behind them, we don't have players who do what he did there though. Gosens and Zappacosta provide the width as the wing backs and got a goal each. Totally agree with everything though, players who look comfortable driving in to the box and wing backs who are good on the ball and a goal threat. I mean they had Maehle on the bench and Hateboer has a broken leg so when fit they have 4 wing backs who all score goals and can cross.

To be fair Pessina who wins the ball plays as one of the 2 10's behind Zapata with 2 more defensive players behind them, we don't have players who do what he did there though. Gosens and Zappacosta provide the width as the wing backs and got a goal each. Totally agree with everything though, players who look comfortable driving in to the box and wing backs who are good on the ball and a goal threat. I mean they had Maehle on the bench and Hateboer has a broken leg so when fit they have 4 wing backs who all score goals and can cross.
I think that's how Lage wants to play. RAN could be that type of full back but we don't have another.

Trincao and Pod could definitely do the 10 job and Donk and Neves the sitting job. It's all a bit thin after that.

Last edited:
No it’s no.7 Koopmeiners who wins the ball back and then runs beyond. Pessina is in the green boots who puts the initial cross in. De roon is 15 alongside Koopmeiners and Goosens is the one watching on the left edge of the box.

That was my whole point about it really. Our midfielder would never do what Koopmeiners did and our WB and forwards wouldn’t be so close that they could play off each other like that. There was an element of it against Forest when Trincao came on but they put out a really weak team.

Weird thing is Atalanta have scored 6 in 5 league games. Playing like that you'd expect them to have scored more

No it’s no.7 Koopmeiners who wins the ball back and then runs beyond. Pessina is in the green boots who puts the initial cross in. De roon is 15 alongside Koopmeiners and Goosens is the one watching on the left edge of the box.

That was my whole point about it really. Our midfielder would never do what Koopmeiners did and our WB and forwards wouldn’t be so close that they could play off each other like that. There was an element of it against Forest when Trincao came on but they put out a really weak team.

Yeah you’re right to be fair, it is Koopmeiners. With that I definitely agree, you wouldn’t see Neves or Moutinho do what he did there but i think Neves could from the times he got in the box last year.

It did happen at times late on at Watford too with Hwang and Podence linking with Raul. I do think it would help Trincao as well but it means dropping Adama and i’m not sure he’s going to do that or Adama needs to learn to play passes into a front man and make runs off him which isn’t happening either.

I think that's how Lage wants to play. RAN could be that type of full back but we don't have another.

Trincao and Pod could definitely do the 10 job and Donk and Neves the sitting job. It's all a bit thin after that.

Agreed that Ait-Nouri could do it from the left but Marcal definitely can’t. Not sure Semedo or Hoever could do it from the right.

As i’ve said to Punts i think Hwang could do it too from the bits i’ve seen but I don’t think Adama can.

Darren Ferguson ripe to take another Peterbrough sabbatical. 3-0 down tonight, conceded 12 in their last 4.

Say it again with Man Utd the moment they get a decent manager in they might start doing something.

I wonder if all the Bielsa hype will finally calm down now? We didn't get half as much after our first season back and we finished just outside the top 6 ffs

Brentford 1 up against Liverpool. Deserve it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back