• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Paddy Power failed attempt at humour.

You'd have to be happy for Moyes and indeed West Ham .

We have heard so much that qualifying for these smaller European competitions only hinders your league form with all the travel and smaller squads etc .
This might change mindsets a bit . West Ham coasted through most of the rounds . You'd imagine that it gave Moyes the chance to play a lot more of his squad than he would have been able to do if they were only playing domestic competitions .
What English club wouldn't have wanted to be there last night ? And now West Ham get entry into Europe for next season as well .
Even with our famously small squad we coped quite well with Europe. I’m still convinced that the ridiculously short break before we started again the next season completely killed us. Moutinho in particular seemed a shadow of his former self but bounced back the following season.

We might well have beaten Sevilla over two legs. Beating Manchester United had become a hobby. Final against Inter would have been the best away ever. Fucking Covid.

Looking at Moyes last night after it was over , he didn't seem to know what to do with regard to celebrating . Just be yourself I'd always say .

Moyes always looks very intense on the sideline , often looks angry all the time , seems to find it hard to relax you would think .
The smart thing for him would be to resign , rather than let someone else make the decision for him . However he strikes me as the kind of fella who will find it hard to give up and walk away .

Stands are miles away from the pitch. Mate sent this earlier, he’s in the city end behind the goal

IMG_4905.jpeg

How distracting must it be to be doing your best to cut Inter off and you're concentrating on your positioning and the opposition running off you then your manager starts waving and yelling instructions at you......AAAArggghh! Too much noise!

De Bruyne doesn't have much luck in these finals does he?

That foul on Grealish was well hidden from the ref. Dirty little bastard....

De Bruyne doesn't have much luck in these finals does he?
Nope. I don't think he's been his usual self the last few times I've seen him anyway tbh. Foden might stretch them a bit more, might be for the best.

Inter pressing very well. Making Stones look like the CB in midfield he is.
Stones is playing well. Rodri on the other hand is having a mare and Inter have two on him every time he gets the ball.

Inter's uber-gegenpress is something special.

Definite credit to Inter for the way they've given City no time on the ball whatsoever, City haven't coped with it at all. Be interesting if they can keep it up as only takes a few players to be a little bit loose in that press and they may be end up being exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back