• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, in Rafa's system you know the #10 is in name only.

I absolutely put Miguel's failure to adjust down to Newcastle being a mess over the last few seasons. At least in large part. I don't think he was a smart buy for any team struggling to break the top half of the table. As I say, he's not the sort of player you want in that kind of scrap. Damn good luxury player on his day, though.
He's terrible Alan. Nothing but a roadrunner.

I need to ask again: how did we let this God awful Norwich team dominate play so easily against us at the weekend? They are truly terrible.
No Rashica (spelling?) is hurting them today. He was really good for them against us.

A lot of Newcastle fans still think they’ll spend their way out of trouble.
Problems are firstly come the 01/01/22 only 18 games will remain and not all the signings will be made by then, realistically they’ll have 15 games to save themselves.
Secondly attracting players of good enough quality to draw back what could be close to a 10 point deficit will take some doing.
Thirdly if they go for these players no doubt clubs in far better positions will be looking at them to.

A lot of Newcastle fans still think they’ll spend their way out of trouble.
Problems are firstly come the 01/01/22 only 18 games will remain and not all the signings will be made by then, realistically they’ll have 15 games to save themselves.
Secondly attracting players of good enough quality to draw back what could be close to a 10 point deficit will take some doing.
Thirdly if they go for these players no doubt clubs in far better positions will be looking at them to.
I have little doubt they will find their own Uncle Jorge, maybe even borrow ours! With that much money they probably will buy themselves out of trouble. If not they will go down, piss the championship and come back stronger. In 2021-22 its not who you know or what you pay, its both

Doesnt matter if they have billions, FFP is pretty strict in the Championship. They should bounce back easily enough but it would set the project back nicely.

They are going to struggle to spend their way out of trouble in January if they are cut adrift. Might see the likes of Bale and Coutinho pitch up but they are only going to be loans or on deals with relegation release clauses as there is no way they are going to be willing to play in the Championship.

To be fair I think their ownership have recognised the situation they are in and the appointment of Eddie Howe was a short term one made with one eye on getting them back out of the Championship. Because if they genuinely think he is the manager to lead them to PL glory, backed by billions of pounds of spending, then Newcastle are in real trouble.

I’ve just seen newcastles fixture for this months. Failed to beat Burnley at home on Saturday and they really could get to January without having won a single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back