• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intentionally or not Cyber is trolling people on here and everyone is feeding him.

For the record I think it's unintentional and I suspect he's a decent chap who should perhaps take the Internet and in particular a football forum less seriously.

Equally there's a group of posters who jump on every Batshit mental idea he has, just scroll on by, or stick on ignore.

There endeth the lesson from Master Newbridge wolfe🤣

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

I'm now a single parent with a rapidly rising cost of living trying to finance a remortgage. Money only goes so far. My job is becoming more and more demanding over time which limits my free time and I'm also caring for a parent who suffers with severe Bipolar and has suffered three strokes and a parent who has stage three throat cancer. That's virtually all of my time eaten up. I'll miss going badly but priorities are actually a thing. Cutting myself off from seeing my mates will stop most of the social interaction I have these days but if I can't justify £1k on watching 19 football matches then I won't spend it.

If you'd actually read my posts on my general feelings towards the club (admitted they're few and far between these days) I've been one of the few actually trying to find reasons to defend their approach and that the football politics really come a distant second to me personally versus the football itself.

If you want to kick back at me for something I posted that was at worst flippant at least base it on facts and not what you've cooked up in your head.
Yep, I get that. I found your post and had misread it. It was in the middle of the discussion on season ticket renewals and the context was pretty anti increases. My apologies. No offence was intended.

Intentionally or not Cyber is trolling people on here and everyone is feeding him.

For the record I think it's unintentional and I suspect he's a decent chap who should perhaps take the Internet and in particular a football forum less seriously.

Equally there's a group of posters who jump on every Batshit mental idea he has, just scroll on by, or stick on ignore.

There endeth the lesson from Master Newbridge wolfe🤣
is the right answer.

Yep, I should have known better than to click on the Live Match thread when I knew there hasn't been any football for days, only to find this weird conversation going round and round. Tbf it's not only Cyber that wriggles about finding stuff to back up their pov which invariably makes a thread unreadable and sucks any fun out of it......the forum is supposed to be fun isn't it? I haven't got that wrong surely.
Any way that my twopennorth, I'll give this thread a miss till there's actually been some football played.

Yep, I get that. I found your post and had misread it. It was in the middle of the discussion on season ticket renewals and the context was pretty anti increases. My apologies. No offence was intended.
How about you calling me stupid or suggesting I support Wolves purely because we won the Sherpa Van Trophy in 1988? No offence intended there either?

Maybe if you didn't behave like a dick all the time, people would be more disposed to discuss your mental ideas properly.

Or just not angry at all . The only people who seem to be pissed off are the usual London Massive. I don’t really care two hoots what you think of my ideas , that’s opinion you’re entitled to have . What has confused me is that many of you have complained about the club increasing prices, the expense of the premier league and that you are not considering renewing. Part of that is that the true money is in champions league football and I say that it’s a cartel sponsored by the premier league as they set up the rules and until the sky six monopoly changes pretty much every premier league club outside that sky six is fighting for 7th place. In the last 10 years the cups have also been pretty much monopolised by the sky six too. So what needs to happen? Something has to change or more supporters will start to vote with their feet and not renew. On my youth the pitches were worse and the quality not as high but more teams stood more chance of winning something. Denying that is just revisionist rhetoric as it’s easier to disagree with me than to be seen to agree . Ok, so maybe the seeding in the cups idea won’t work but not is the likelihood of a salary cap. For me , the domination of football by the sky six is spoiling my enjoyment. I am sick of hearing about them every time I switch on a football show. So I will vote with my feet and spend my hard earned money on more grass roots football in time .
The premier league was partly sold on how it would improve the English national team and I don’t see much difference there either. We import the best players from around the world while the big six academy sign up any British prospects at about 10 and then loan them out. The Chelsea academy has been full of future British stars. The playing field has been designed to favour money , not football and not fans and it really needs to change.
You like having the opportunity to have a pop but for all your knowledge and experience in football you still can’t see what is happening or do it appears. I can’t help it but I am falling out of love with top level football. It’s institutionally corrupt
A couple of things:

Top level football has always been corrupt. In every country. This is unlikely to change as the same type of man is always put in charge in every FA.

Money has always bought the best team and always will.

You'd have to be blind and deaf not to notice that.

In regards to youth football, UEFA have just implemented rules to supercede the player pathway plan of the FA and PL by limiting the number of players in squads and out on loan.

The pathway was brought in to give English talent the best chance to succeed. It was flawed from the beginning as the top clubs didn't have the best academies and then those clubs, us included, decided to recruit the best foreign talent too so blocking English talent.

Lastly, the England team has improved massively as we have employed better managers who play the best football against each other week in week out.

TAA, Sterling, Sancho, Geuhi, Foden, Mount, James, Saka, Kane and Chilwell have all worked under top level coaches and it shows as we got to our first final since 1966.

Back in the 80's the coaching and facilities were so poor it's no wonder we were shit nationally.

If you don't like modern football may I suggest you find another sport.

How about you calling me stupid or suggesting I support Wolves purely because we won the Sherpa Van Trophy in 1988? No offence intended there either?
Don't put words in my mouth , dear boy - your starting time of supporting was very similar to mine in proximity to a period of wolves success and you not acknowledging that had anything to do with your decision is very thoughtful for a 7 year old . If you were following generations of family before shows you to be a bit of a sheep then. My children generally went for premier league teams who were doing well and Spurs and Arsenal fitted the bill. Its a shame wolves were shit then but it happens.

Maybe if you didn't behave like a dick all the time, people would be more disposed to discuss your mental ideas properly.

As for your usually snarky little barbed Manchester university comeback I treat it with the usual contempt it deserves . The ignore function is your friend

Top level football has always been corrupt. In every country. This is unlikely to change as the same type of man is always put in charge in every FA.

Money has always bought the best team and always will.

You'd have to be blind and deaf not to notice that.

So after arguing with me for two days you tell me I am right? Hypocrite. At least I am looking to do something about it
Lastly, the England team has improved massively as we have employed better managers who play the best football against each other week in week out.

Similar results- won nothing even with two home tournaments so the jury is still out for me. The next five years brings hope and Southgate , despite being uber negative tactically does seem to have the right respect from the squad,

cyber, do you have the week off work something? or have you un-expectantly found a huge stash of spice?

Don't put words in my mouth , dear boy - your starting time of supporting was very similar to mine in proximity to a period of wolves success and you not acknowledging that had anything to do with your decision is very thoughtful for a 7 year old . If you were following generations of family before shows you to be a bit of a sheep then. My children generally went for premier league teams who were doing well and Spurs and Arsenal fitted the bill. Its a shame wolves were shit then but it happens.
Definitely not worth it

Last edited:
Actually yeah. You apologise for that here and now or there'll be consequences. That's an awful thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back