• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

They're singing 'you're not fit to referee', the ref didn't actually give anything initially.
Therefore, they should be singing 'you are fit to referee' 😀.
Or 'they're not fit to VAR' 😀

Everton look like they're gonna be without McNeil for a while too.

I guess the rationale is that it's dangerous play / tackle and you can commit that offence without necessarily making contact with the opponent.

Not saying I agree with it mind

It's a red on the pitch for me, he's studs up and high, out of control and endangering an opponent. Iirc violent contact and dangerous foul play don't need to fit the clear and obvious benchmark, but the 'you need to see that again' line

It's a red on the pitch for me, he's studs up and high, out of control and endangering an opponent. Iirc violent contact and dangerous foul play don't need to fit the clear and obvious benchmark, but the 'you need to see that again' line

Nah he’s on the ground when making the challenge so going at a very slow speed.

Neither of those 2 sides needed the extra fixture of a replay.

Nah he’s on the ground when making the challenge so going at a very slow speed.
Anytime you go in with studs up you run the risk, regardless of the degree of contact. Unless you're a Man Utd player tackling Ruben Neves, of course...

It’s not even a foul. He’s slid in to hook the ball before Clyne and done it. Clyne then runs into his foot. When you slide sometimes your studs are going to show and contact may happen, that just should not be a foul.

Slow everything down and you could make a case for a lot of tackle to be fouls. May as well look into banning sliding like 5-a-side.

Anytime you go in with studs up you run the risk, regardless of the degree of contact. Unless you're a Man Utd player tackling Ruben Neves, of course...
Come on look at the pace he goes in at very slow so non excessive

He not out control or endangering an opponent FFS. He’s barely fucking moving

His foot's over the ball, studs up. I know there was no contact but it's a no go these days
Where is the excessive force? Absolutely none it’s absolutely not a red even by today’s law. Excessive force no his speed of travel is very slow therefore no real danger.

I agree. I don't think it's a red. I don't think it's a foul really. They'll have seen the studs up though.
I think they've seen the straight leg and studs up and thought that's enough for a red.

It would have hurt Clyne, but it ain't a leg breaker

By the letter of the law you can make a case for a red, but it's obviously not just by looking at it. Pathetic decision.

There's no excessive force or endangering the opposition player, so no, by the letter of the law it's not a red.
(Law 12.3 Disciplinary Action -Sending-off offences - Serious foul play)

The simple point is if we fans cannot agree that it’s a red (allowing for contrary Marys) then it suggests it is anything but a clear and obvious error in giving the on field decision. Therefore VAR shouldn’t have got involved and even after it did the referee should have shown some balls and stuck with his original call.

Archetypal re-refereeing of the game.

But our common gripe is how VAR are looking for reasons to back up shit on field decisions to protect their mates, this is exactly the opposite and we’re still moaning. The problem is the refs are shit and the people making the decisions (on field and off it) don’t know what they’re doing. Look at RAN’s yellow card against Everton for kicking a ball out of play that had already gone out of play and bounced back in so it was dead. He wasn’t stopping Everton taking a quick throw in as the ball was six yards onto the field and about three feet in the air, he was just putting back out of play, but there you go. The linesman on that side was just as bad and guessed at everything all game.

They’re no good.

Back