• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Halcyon run here in the 80s.

1982: Liverpool
1983: Liverpool
1984: Liverpool
1985: Everton
1986: Liverpool
1987: Everton
1988: Liverpool

Liverpool won 2 of the 3 before that too, and 4 of the last 6. Should have won it in 1989 too but collapsed on the final day. Then won it in 1990.

Was better obviously.

Dear Southgate, watch that Mainoo goal and think to yourself I'll take a traffic cone instead of Trippier to the Euros.

Dear Southgate, watch that Mainoo goal and think to yourself I'll take a traffic cone instead of Trippier to the Euros.
Nah, as he should take Wharton over Mainoo in any case. Obviously as the latter wears that red shirt it immediately puts him ahead of any player from Crystal Palace.

Last edited:
Did the commentator just say Man Utd haven't lost when leading at half time since 1984?! That surely can't be right?

So it's not about the race, or lack of one for you, it's the final result.

A different team winning the league every year by 10-15 points is worse than someone winning 2/3/4 in a row in tight, close title races.

It would also be very boring if 10-15 clubs just did a round robin of winning the title with no real patterns to success. Club traditions are built on periods of success.
How City have got to where they’re is one matter, from a football perspective I think Pep has lifted standards way higher than ever and watching City at their best is very entertaining.
Same as Man Utd under Fergie at their peak and the small peroid I remember of Liverpool being very good.

Nothing beats his OG v Spain in 2021 after Sarabia had hit the bar.

So it's not about the race, or lack of one for you, it's the final result.

A different team winning the league every year by 10-15 points is worse than someone winning 2/3/4 in a row in tight, close title races.
It's the inevitable predictability. Ideally someone different would win the title every year in the last minute of the last game Aguero/Thomas style, but I'd rather someone stroll the league for one year than the same team winning it year in, year out in a notionally close race. Look at the prediction thread Sniffer does at the start of the season, 14/15 posters said City would win the league, that's not because this forum is astute, it's because it was a near certainty they would.

Last edited:
Its personal preference at the end of the day, I enjoy the chase regardless of who wins it, City winning the title is only inevitable now it wasn’t a few weeks ago Arsenal second half no show at home to Villa cost them.
Until then it was no guarantee that City would win it, they’ve been by no means unstoppable this season as we know.

Leeds in front early against Norwich, clever free kick with Gunn caught napping.

Back