• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Luton 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Has the match going fan base aged? The older you get the less volatile you are likely to be. Need a South Bank dweller to answer that really.
As you'll know, sitting where we do in the NB, I still feel positively youthful at 42.

While it's not a healthy state of affairs for us to have such an ageing fanbase, I look at the takes some of our younger fans have on Twitter and honestly don't have a clue what they're on about. Then you've got @Lycan 's pals in SL1 who, well...

How he gets a pass for this especially is beyond me.
Well he didn't really. They were fucked off because he couldn't handle them more than because he wanted to. Both Saiss and Ruddy said the decisions were made above his head. Coady wanted out because he was dropped, something a high percentage of this board, me included, would have done. Only really leaves Boly

Well he didn't really. They were fucked off because he couldn't handle them more than because he wanted to. Both Saiss and Ruddy said the decisions were made above his head. Coady wanted out because he was dropped, something a high percentage of this board, me included, would have done. Only really leaves Boly
Somehow missed these tbh.

Parents with at least 1 child living in their house are probably the least represented so that’s a huge chunk of the 25-45 age group removed give or take.
Simple fact cost for a family to go, cost for one adult and child to go, cost for just yourself and then telling your wife your out for about 5 hours Saturday when you’ve both been working all week.

Last time I saw Darlo/LJ he’d morphed into an (even more) grumpy old man.

[good job he’ll never see this post ;)]

So Mbuemo's arm WAS in a natural position, but Gomes's wasn't? He was stretching to block the cross, his arm came up naturally.

It's so fucking stupid.

I've read both of the justifications here, and neither of them reflect what actually happened.
Gomes' hand was not in an unnatural position and Bellegarde did not kick out.
I also think that their interpretation of playing the ball is incorrect.

But hey, Fuck VAR!

Having to apologise to one club twice before the end of September would be too embarrassing for the establishment so I’m not in the least surprised they’ve sided with the ref. Other than Agbonlahor nobody thinks it’s a penalty yet they’ve fudged a way of justifying it. As predictable as it is pathetic.

I've read both of the justifications here, and neither of them reflect what actually happened.
Gomes' hand was not in an unnatural position and Bellegarde did not kick out.
I also think that their interpretation of playing the ball is incorrect.

But hey, Fuck VAR!
Bellegarde 100% kicked out. It doesn't matter a single iota how strongly he kicked, if you move your leg like that - studs first - towards an opponent, it's a red for violent conduct. He was incredibly naive to react to such basic shithousing that way, even if it was clearly more of a push than a kick in terms of actual force.

It was a sending off in 1998 for Beckham so Bellegarde was always running the risk. Its hardly outrageous he got sent off.

The annoying thing with the Bellegarde incident is less that he was sent off and more that Lockyer's cheating sparked such a huge shift in the complexion of the contest.

Beckham was actually a kick though? I appreciate I am in the minority here, but I wouldn't be screaming for a red if that was an oppo (unless it was an absolute prick that I'd want sent of for looking at one of ours...).
Saying in their justification that he did indeed violently kick out just isn't accurate.

For me Bellegarde was a clear red. A soft one but a red nonetheless. By challenging that, officially or unofficially, your undermine the strength of your protest against the penalty decision which I believe was a clear error.
As a result you become serial whingers in the eyes of the officials and are more likely to get subsequent decisions go against you.
Neves got this side of his game and captaincy wrong and not only did we rarely get borderline or fifty fifty call in our favour, he was normally booked for his first transgression in a match littered with fouls and no previous cards.

All that said, while I’m blaming Wolves/Neves here, the referees and more importantly the VAR official should be embarrassed about their performances (and subsequent apologies or attempts at explaining their rational) in general and in our matches in particular.

The annoying thing with the Bellegarde incident is less that he was sent off and more that Lockyer's cheating sparked such a huge shift in the complexion of the contest.
It was on 39 minutes and we'd had 0 shots, on or off target, against Luton.

Not sure it made the difference you suggest, even with 11 men Gal's tactics would have been to go all out defend once Neto scored (out of nowhere).

It was on 39 minutes and we'd had 0 shots, on or off target, against Luton.

Not sure it made the difference you suggest, even with 11 men Gal's tactics would have been to go all out defend once Neto scored (out of nowhere).
Yep, first half stats are horrific.

Screenshot_20230923_171855_Flashscore.jpg

Pfffft. Without the sending off we would have gone crazy in the final 5 mins of that half.
2nd half we would have dominated and scored 3 or 4.
Luton would have made a tactical change at 2-0 and GO would have reacted and kept us on the front foot.

His whole Wolves career has been undone by a petulant kick out....

Back