• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Luton 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Should also point out that the still showcases some absolutely textbook Doherty "defending". Allegedly at LWB but he's just ambling around in the penalty area, marking no-one, stopping nothing.

Tubby prick.

That interpretation of the mitigating factors is so bizarre. It's mitigated if the player "plays" the ball, but not if it's passively deflected?

So not only does it imply that if an opposition player smacks the ball at you, deliberately aiming for your hand, then it's a pentalty - but if that's taken to its literal exteme then it also implies that a defending player could deliberately volley a ball up and slap it away with their hands, and it wouldn't be handball because it would demonstrate clear intent to play the ball. Completely nonsensical interpretation.
See also the Toti/Salah shambles at Anfield in the cup last season. Then you get Martinelli's goal disallowed at Goodison last week.

They create their own mess for no good reason.

Yep, they make it far, far more complicated than it needs to be.

They must do it on purpose, as it gives them the opportunity to try and explain away bullshit decisions.

It's not even a surprise anymore when we get shafted. It's hard not to think it's in some way intentional because it's so frequent and never seems to go the other way.

Don't think we've had an apology, have we? So they must agree with the decision.

Don't think we've had an apology, have we? So they must agree with the decision.
No apology just a half arsed explanation of the reason it was given and that goes against everything people with eyes witnessed.

No apology just a half arsed explanation of the reason it was given and that goes against everything people with eyes witnessed.
And there actually fucking rulebook.

The “unnatural “ position was brought in because full backs were frequently spreading their arms and stopping crosses. Only a complete moron - I’m looking at you Dermott Gallagher - would think Gomes went into that challenge thinking “ if I don’t make the tackle I’ll block the ball, that will be travelling away from goal, with my arm. There’s a complete lack of common sense being applied by a small number of officials who were almost certainly bullied at school and now love being in the limelight.

The whopper refs on Twitter come out with nonsense like “if it hit his hands directly above his head then we’d all be saying pen for unnatural position, so how is this different?”.

Erm well for a start he’s a yard away, so it’s impossible for a “cross” to go 8 foot in the air from that proximity, if you were further away you wouldn’t be lunging to block a cross and would also be able to get your arms out the way. This is before we consider the massive deflection, which is mentioned in the guidance and the common sense view that he hasn’t “blocked” a cross. His hand doesn’t block it and prevent a goal scoring situation.

Oh and Anthony Gordon controls the ball in play with his hand Thierry Henry style (albeit accidental) but this is absolutely fine. How does that make sense

RefSupport on Twitter is a troll I'm sure of it. Revels in bad takes to antagonise supporters.
There's an ESPN geezer who does exactly the same, tried to take Lineker to task yesterday, who very politely told him he was speaking shit

I’m still amazed how many I’m seeing on Twitter excusing O’Neil for what was such a pathetic first half display.

Since the 12/13 debacle our fan base seems to have gone full circle prior to that they were the most important inpatient bunch now they seem to accept a lot of crap managers and give them far to long.

Especially if you consider the dross served up in the 2015/16 season, complete obvious failings of Lage at the back end of 21/22 season and him fucking off some good servants of the club. Fans absolutely should have let Lage know how crap he was.

Especially if you consider the dross served up in the 2015/16 season, complete obvious failings of Lage at the back end of 21/22 season and him fucking off some good servants of the club. Fans absolutely should have let Lage know how crap he was.
Has the match going fan base aged? The older you get the less volatile you are likely to be. Need a South Bank dweller to answer that really.

How he gets a pass for this especially is beyond me.

Back