• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It's really difficult to win games when you create the square sum of fuck all Alan. Happens time and time again away from home. We are setting up completely differently and it clearly does not work, yet we do it anyway.

And you know what you can do with your pithy sarcasm.
Keep posting it, as always.

I'm not having the argument that the players don't care or made less of an effort, it's god damn insulting.

The 6 players tasked with creating something either aren’t good enough or didn’t play well. Same applies for the 4 that came on.

Toti and Semedo as FBs is going to create nil.
Nunes and this current Neto the same.
Cunha and Costa nothing to work with and not offering any real threat anyway.

Man United just better than us and something to play for. That front 6 (plus subs) and the FBs just aren’t going to really threaten good teams. Particularly with the defenders playing deeper just meant we were super easy to play round. So we neither press high or have any threat on the counter.

We need a lot of work up the top end of the pitch.

Very much as on the beach as you will get, I feel so sorry for the fans that travel, similar to Brighton, to give that kind of performance is just not acceptable….at least have a fuckin go!!!!

If Utd were actually any good it would have been six, saying that many of their chances were from our mistakes and we lost the ball several times that set them away, just not good enough really

Anyway we’ve been safe for a while so move on

Not sure what people expect, going to Old Trafford without an actual centre forward?

Hopefully that's the last we see of Podence, Hwang (fat chance given our summer tour), Adama

Keep posting it, as always.

I'm not having the argument that the players don't care or made less of an effort, it's god damn insulting.
People are entitled to call a shit performance exactly that without having to put up with you responding like a patronising arse.

People are entitled to call a shit performance exactly that without having to put up with you responding like a patronising arse.
I disagree that people are entitled to say "you're shit at your job, why don't you just try harder?"

While I'm at it, I'll just take the advice I've received thousands of time over my life and "just be happier!"

For all that people will focus on how anaemic we were going forward - and we were - can we not ignore Pearshaped Max, please.

We've not played well but neither have they. It's getting towards half time. It's 0-0. What I need to do, miles away from any danger whatsoever, is massively overcommit to a nothing challenge, take myself entirely out of the game, and leave a ridiculous overload that is clearly very likely to be a goal if I don't win it.

Fucking shit and if he's starting most games next season then we're still going nowhere.

I disagree that people are entitled to say "you're shit at your job, why don't you just try harder?"

While I'm at it, I'll just take the advice I've received thousands of time over my life and "just be happier!"
If anyone had actually said that, you’d have a point.

The most predictable outcome of the day, look the objective from lop arrived has been achieved and I’m delighted I actually aren’t that bothered by this. It’s just proving to Lop that Kilman, Hwang, Podence, Adama and few more aren’t good enough and need moving on.
We’ll end up with 9 points away from home this season that’s atrocious.
I think we’ll be a benevolent mood next Saturday to do god help leeds and Leicester.

Don't listen to Jinky right now, It's less than half an hour after a Wolves loss. He's basically the equivalent of an entitled toddler who's been denied their favorite toy atm. Talk to him in a few days, he'll be much more reasonable.

Don't listen to Jinky right now, It's less than half an hour after a Wolves loss. He's basically the equivalent of an entitled toddler who's been denied their favorite toy atm. Talk to him in a few days, he'll be much more reasonable.
Is there genuinely any need for stuff like this?

Edit: and an admin has laughed at it? I shall remember personal insults are absolutely ok on the forum moving forward. If you haven’t noticed, a LOT of posters are disappointed with todays performance, not just me.

If anyone had actually said that, you’d have a point.
"We got what our effort and intent deserved".

Really? We intended to go out and lose? We purposefully put in too little effort to win?

That are a lot of ways to go after a shite performance. I believe that insinuating the players didn't even try to win is crossing the line.

For all that people will focus on how anaemic we were going forward - and we were - can we not ignore Pearshaped Max, please.

We've not played well but neither have they. It's getting towards half time. It's 0-0. What I need to do, miles away from any danger whatsoever, is massively overcommit to a nothing challenge, take myself entirely out of the game, and leave a ridiculous overload that is clearly very likely to be a goal if I don't win it.

Fucking shit and if he's starting most games next season then we're still going nowhere.
Lopetegui has had a lot of different teams over the years but from what I can tell they've all tried to control possession. You can't do that with players like Kilman at CB.

I'm sure that the Kilman/Dawson partnership was a necessity born out of desperation because of the position we found ourselves in when Julen took over. Neither of them will be involved long term under Lopetegui.

You reckon, I mean we've won 7 of our last 9 home games and we hardly ever concede.
Jeopardy is officially over and Everton will be in a far more desperate position.
Not because we’re worse just mental mind set of each set of players.

Edit: and an admin has laughed at it? I shall remember personal insults are absolutely ok on the forum moving forward. If you haven’t noticed, a LOT of posters are disappointed with todays performance, not just me.
I laughed because it made me laugh.

Maybe I read it differently to you and saw it as a tongue in cheek comment.

You literally said that this United side was the worst that you've ever seen in the match thread. You're acting irrationally.

"We got what our effort and intent deserved".

Really? We intended to go out and lose? We purposefully put in too little effort to win?

That are a lot of ways to go after a shite performance. I believe that insinuating the players didn't even try to win is crossing the line.
No one has said “we intended to go out and lose” apart from you. That is childish.

He’s clearly saying we turned up and did the bare minimum, knowing we are now safe. The players turned up and ran about a bit, but in more or less every area of the game (whilst being aware of the deficiencies in the squad that we’ve known for months), they were shocking. It was the epitome of a “on the beach performance”, and I hate that saying.

People are allowed to say that without being called a “toddler” or a “pant wetter” or any of the other shite that gets levelled at posters on this forum when they don’t agree with you.

Back