• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I agree, I thought Hwang was alright when he came on today. He seems to link up well with Nunes, weirdly. He has a knack of scoring or being in the right place or the right time more than a lot of our squad, despite at the same time looking like the least technically gifted footballer in the PL.

I’d rather he was part of the squad than the likes of the extremely unlikable Podence, though.

My opinion on Costa changes week to week!
I appreciate that we can be at each other's throats and go right back to j chillin' not 15 minutes later! :)

No hard feelings meant earlier, Jinks.

Costa is the best #9 we have.

That definitely says more about how much Raul has dropped off this season though.

He is a nuisance when he plays and he has worked hard to get proper match fitness and of course his stuff off the pitch.

Still should be shaking his hand in 2 weeks time and saying cheers and goodbye.

That definitely says more about how much Raul has dropped off this season though.

He is a nuisance when he plays and he has worked hard to get proper match fitness and of course his stuff off the pitch.

Problem is the area of his game that shouldn't really be affected by fitness or stamina is his worst i.e. finishing.

I appreciate that we can be at each other's throats and go right back to j chillin' not 15 minutes later! :)

No hard feelings meant earlier, Jinks.
It’s all good & apologises for calling you a patronising arse 😂 xx

Problem is the area of his game that shouldn't really be affected by fitness or stamina is his worst i.e. finishing.
He's scored 3, 2, 5, 2, 4 and 1 since 2017, I think he's probably just shit rather than affected by mind freeze or whatever.

If his name were Dave Collins he'd be called out on here as one of the worst players we've ever had.

If his name were Dave Collins he'd be called out on here as one of the worst players we've ever had
Be a fight in here with Hwang.

I think we look above a few things with Diego because we signed him as a desperate cover thanks to bad luck and poor work in the transfer market.
He has had his plus points but will probably be playing somewhere in Spain next year or will be spending his Saturdays blocking his wife when she tries to get to the fridge and randomly kicking his kids and then laughing at them.

Costa was ok today, if there is any player to dig out specifically then it's Max "I was at fault for both goals" Kilman. What a shambles of a performance from him, first goal he's charged off to make a challenge, misses it and leaves a gaping hole in our defence.

Second goal, casually lays the ball off on the edge of the United area, to a space where there is no Wolves player near, and essentially gives Man U a 3 on 1 break.

Honestly think Fraser would be better. He'd at least not.be completely.out of puff by the time a chance landed to him.

Costa was ok today, if there is any player to dig out specifically then it's Max "I was at fault for both goals" Kilman. What a shambles of a performance from him, first goal he's charged off to make a challenge, misses it and leaves a gaping hole in our defence.

Second goal, casually lays the ball off on the edge of the United area, to a space where there is no Wolves player near, and essentially gives Man U a 3 on 1 break.
Yep, he was abysmal.

Last edited:
Not a fan of throwing a kid in for the sake of it. People who have watched him on here say he's not ready so not really fair to him. Much more chance of breaking than making him. He may or may not be better than Costa, but that's not really the point in a game that means nothing to us, but everything to him

So… I didn’t miss much today then?

Fraser definitely not ready they're looking for a loan for him in Leagues one and two. He's had a couple of trials recently. Highly doubtful he will be seen when he's never even made the squad under this manager.

Back