• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Jeopardy is officially over and Everton will be in a far more desperate position.
Not because we’re worse just mental mind set of each set of players.
But Everton are shit and we quite obviously aren't shit at home.

Why that dichotomy between home and away performances exists, I don't know. I do know we need a squad revamp but we should still win next week.

You literally said that this United side was the worst that you've ever seen in the match thread. You're acting irrationally. We're all disappointed, some of us just handle it better than others.
Even Ole managed to get his Utd side to finish 3rd one year and runners up the next year. They’re one of the worst United sides I’ve seen - they are the same as us and basically playing without a centre forward that’s fit for purpose. Bar Bruno, I probably wouldn’t pick any of their midfield ahead of ours. Their bench looked weaker than ours.

Obviously they’re stronger than us, because they’re 4th in the league, but they’re not 0 shots on target across 90 minutes and 15 or so to 0 shots on target better than us - and I have no issue in saying that. If you want to take the moral high ground and say that’s you handling things better, crack on.

I laughed because it made me laugh.

Maybe I read it differently to you and saw it as a tongue in cheek comment.
Don’t worry, when it’s someone else on the end of the personal abuse, I’ll be happy to point towards this exchange when the knives are out 👍

People are allowed to say that without being called a “toddler” or a “pant wetter” or any of the other shite that gets levelled at posters on this forum when they don’t agree with you.
While we're being insufferably pedantic, then, I didn't call anyone a "toddler" or a "pant wetter".

I called the post "ridiculous".

Is there genuinely any need for stuff like this?

Edit: and an admin has laughed at it? I shall remember personal insults are absolutely ok on the forum moving forward. If you haven’t noticed, a LOT of posters are disappointed with todays performance, not just me.
You do realise it was you started throwing the insults around?

I think Alan is right anyway. It's not that we didn't try, in fact for large chunks of the game we were compact and made it difficult for United to get around us.

We just have very few goals in us and if we give away a ridiculous one then it's always going to be an uphill struggle.

I expected us to lose to nil and we lost to nil. In 15 days I get to put this season to bed and decide whether I file it behind or ahead of last season, and indeed the season before, there isn't a huge amount of difference.

I just think of it like this, right?

If I'm in a code review and someone says, "hey, you missed out on x, you should do y and z to avoid that", cool.

If they say, "man, it doesn't look like you really put in the effort on this one", and none of x, y, or z even come up, do you know what I'm never doing again? Listening to their rude ass.

Toothless as expected no one should be shocked. Hope Lop gets what he wants in the summer, and Podence please go away you book my piss.

I just think of it like this, right?

If I'm in a code review and someone says, "hey, you missed out on x, you should do y and z to avoid that", cool.

If they say, "man, it doesn't look like you really put in the effort on this one", and none of x, y, or z even come up, do you know what I'm never doing again? Listening to their rude ass.
And you know who Manager B is? It's Bruno Lage.

I will take contrary positions for the sake of it sometimes but I could not take the position of "Wolves were good today". That said we were 1-0 down at Old Trafford and had an attacking set piece on 89 minutes (we even scored off one last week, and against Palace too). It might be small mercies but that was not happening 12 months ago.

If I'm going to criticise Lop then I actually would have liked to have seen RAN (though it seems his race is run), Sarabia and Bouba at some point today. Hwang isn't a good sub. Podence isn't a good sub. Adama isn't a good sub. 2023 Raul isn't a good sub.

In fact I'd play Fraser vs Everton and give Raul a 1 min token "thanks for everything" appearance.

Tbh I've never ever bought into the 'doesn't try, dials it in, doesn't give a fuck' type comments.

Tbh I've never ever bought into the 'doesn't try, dials it in, doesn't give a fuck' type comments.
Did you see Guedes play? Or Halford, Anderton, many a Ferguson game. The team collectively against Brighton didn't try at home last season as they thought the manager was a prick

I thought Hwang was okay when he came on (probably wins a penalty against a lesser keeper on that breakaway we worked), but he's not a player that creates danger himself, and that's really what we lack up top IMO. Podence does it occasionally but too often he'd rather play a rabona or cutesy flick than have a pop (which is wild since he's a much better finisher than show pony).

We've got a bunch of forwards, central and wide, who need partnerships and interplay to work well, and even though Costa has been an improvement as the fulcrum of those partnerships, the "Costa Out" brigade is certainly not wrong in that:

1) He just can't do it for more than 45 minutes at a level and that number is only getting lower.
2) He absolutely cannot be the only player we have who can do that role.

I could deal with Costa if he ever looked like scoring, ever. He has scored one. It hit him and went in. It's so monumentally unsustainable that I can't believe people are suggesting we keep him.

Hwang is just a terrible footballer, like Jake Cassidy levels of skill. He is so shit.

I thought Hwang was okay when he came on (probably wins a penalty against a lesser keeper on that breakaway we worked), but he's not a player that creates danger himself, and that's really what we lack up top IMO. Podence does it occasionally but too often he'd rather play a rabona or cutesy flick than have a pop (which is wild since he's a much better finisher than show pony).

We've got a bunch of forwards, central and wide, who need partnerships and interplay to work well, and even though Costa has been an improvement as the fulcrum of those partnerships, the "Costa Out" brigade is certainly not wrong in that:

1) He just can't do it for more than 45 minutes at a level and that number is only getting lower.
2) He absolutely cannot be the only player we have who can do that role.
I agree, I thought Hwang was alright when he came on today. He seems to link up well with Nunes, weirdly. He has a knack of scoring or being in the right place or the right time more than a lot of our squad, despite at the same time looking like the least technically gifted footballer in the PL.

I’d rather he was part of the squad than the likes of the extremely unlikable Podence, though.

My opinion on Costa changes week to week!

I think the modes of attack are fairly predictable. You know what’s going to happen, then it happens…and it’s pretty much the same every week…particularly when we lose. That’s my verdict on the forum done.

As for the game, it was every bit a Wolves away performance….there was barely a moment when I thought we might get anything out of that game, I never thought it likely we would score 0-0 was the best we could do and that was unlikely.

Good job we got some form at home….

Back