• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (A) 13/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Normally end of season games with nothing riding on them annoy me because it means we've had a season that's petered out into oblivion, zombie fixtures where there's no jeopardy on the result at all. This time around, I welcome it. We seriously didn't want our relegation fight going to the wire, thanks to Lopetegui it hasn't.

There's no need to change anything from the Villa game. Everyone played well to a point, it's our best set up at the moment, when we fiddle about with it for away games it invariably fails (our record is still poor even under a proper manager) so just keep it the same and approach it with the same attitude. It's our best hope of getting anything. Plus I suspect we could get them rattled with them absolutely needing to win and having a huge wobble while chasing top four.

2022/23: L 0-1 (H)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: L 1-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2019/20: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A), D 0-0 (H, FAC), L 0-1 (A, FAC)
2018/19: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A), W 2-1 (H, FAC)
2011/12: L 0-5 (H), L 1-4 (A)
2010/11: W 2-1 (H), L 1-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
2009/10: L 0-1 (H), L 0-3 (A), L 0-1 (A, LC)
2005/6: L 0-3 (H, FAC)
2003/4: W 1-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)

100% with 5 minutes to spare, definitely one of the easier ones.

After the Brighton debacle I don't think we'll have a second on the beach performance now, hopefully they feel that embarrassment for a while. It'd be one thing to lose 3-0 (ala Everton down here in lockdown) but the extent of Brighton should keep them honest I hope.

Keep it tight and play on their restlessness, if De Gea is playing I'd be instructing Neves/our players to shoot on sight after last night's horror show.

Excellent, normal service resumed, with results and a quiz.

Yeah the set up needs to be the same, not against a few personnel changes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Joao Gomes and Neves in midfield together. See how that goes even though a) Lemina has been fantastic and b) the chances of it being a partnership for next season are slim.

I like Toti a lot and he's done a great job at LB but does JL see him as our first choice in that position?

Team basically picks itself now other than Toti/Bueno at LB.

Neto needs to keep playing to get some sharpness and confidence back.

I like Toti a lot and he's done a great job at LB but does JL see him as our first choice in that position?
He ought to, tbh. Not a ton in it between Toti and Bueno but the former deserves the shirt at the moment.

All subject to change given the offseason/preseason and possible incomings.

He ought to, tbh. Not a ton in it between Toti and Bueno but the former deserves the shirt at the moment.

All subject to change given the offseason/preseason and possible incomings.
Quite a lot of difference imo. Both good young prospects but Toti is better defensively, Bueno better on the ball and offensively.

I mean not a lot between them in effectiveness; as individuals they're fairly different players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back