• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Molineux Extension

So what you're saying is that Fosun could've done all of the planning behind the scenes and are just waiting for a late application nod from the council before they throw up the new South Bank inside a month.

Works for me.

Theoretically, yes, but in reality I'd think it almost certain than nothing would be happening this summer.

They'd probably have needed to submit a planning application before Christmas to have any chance of getting it approved and then getting a contractor signed up ready for work to commence after the final game, though Wolverhampton Council could do them a favour and turn their application round in double quick time. Though I don't imagine Fosun would've put themselves at such financial risk to get the sort of modular solution required to turn it round in one summer, if such a technique would even be feasible for a stadium, far enough through the manufacturing process to meet those dates without already having planning approval beforehand.

Love to see a design plan of this and how it may look.

Never be a better time to buy the land behind it.

Be a bit difficult to work out who owns it now I guess, should get a good price though.

Love to see a design plan of this and how it may look.
Probably isn't one yet, doesn't seem to any real substance in the story other than a few old,vague, regurgitated quotes from LD.

Be a bit difficult to work out who owns it now I guess, should get a good price though.

It will be in the hands of the administrators, so should be fairly easy to sort.

Even if they expand the South Bank to 10,000 surely the priority would be to demolish the Steve Bull first as it's the oldest stand in the ground.

Even if they expand the South Bank to 10,000 surely the priority would be to demolish the Steve Bull first as it's the oldest stand in the ground.
By doing the South Bank first it will minimise the loss to the capacity when the Bully is done.

By doing the South Bank first it will minimise the loss to the capacity when the Bully is done.

Good point didn't think of that. How much of the land behind the Steve Bull stand does the University own?

No - because you can expand the South Bank WITHOUT losing capacity. Plus the extra 5,000 in there partly negates the lost capacity when we do the Steve Bull.

Good point didn't think of that. How much of the land behind the Steve Bull stand does the University own?

The other side of the road. The Feathers is definitely a university property now.

No - because you can expand the South Bank WITHOUT losing capacity. Plus the extra 5,000 in there partly negates the lost capacity when we do the Steve Bull.
Not sure about that. You'd need to remove the roof to go backwards, and I'd imagine that would necessitate closing the stand until it was all done.

Liverpool found a way of expanding the stand significantly without closing it. Sure we can do something similar.

Liverpool did exactly what we would do. Build the extension framework and new tier and roof during the season, then collapse the old roof in the off season and join it all up.

I can't see the point in expanding the current South Bank, it doesn't even line up with the North Bank since that was rebuilt. Just knock it down and do it properly.

Wonder if the local area would cope with an extra 20k every matchday? My go-to car parking spot for last 20 years has been found out this season. Can’t turn up 10mins before kickoff anymore.

Back