• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit

This is wjhat the last lot thought of the shirt! I like it but this lot look as miserable as sin! Given their imprending implosion and decline its understandable. Perhaps the shirt was responsible? I still like it.

wolves team.jpg

A sponsor's logo just ruins the kit. They all look cheap, nasty, horrible, commercial etc. Actually, I do like the new kit, but I will not buy it, because of the sponsor.

This is wjhat the last lot thought of the shirt! I like it but this lot look as miserable as sin! Given their imprending implosion and decline its understandable. Perhaps the shirt was responsible? I still like it.

View attachment 1316

They probably hadn't been paid for 3 months!

Nice find on that link:

CiLR6mNWkAAnFnI.jpg:large

Or if they just joined the lines up.

How fucking amateur are we at the moment? It's astounding!

I was going to say that but its not, no amateur team with any modicum of self-respect would accept such a half-arsed attempt at a product from a supplier, it would be sent straight back and they would be told to sort it out.

The fact that we have the brass neck to try to sell it, is another example that the people running the club at the moment don't give a fuck and are just going through the motions

I was going to say that but its not, no amateur team with any modicum of self-respect would accept such a half-arsed attempt at a product from a supplier, it would be sent straight back and they would be told to sort it out.

The fact that we have the brass neck to try to sell it, is another example that the people running the club at the moment don't give a fuck and are just going through the motions

What's half arsed about it from Puma's point of view?

They've produced a top with a space for the sponsor's logo to be placed, it's not their fault that Wolves have then decided they want to offer the option of having it without a sponsor, this issue has been created by the club and there's no way they're a big enough force to go back and tell Puma to make alternative shirts for the kids tops that won't have a sponsor on, they'd be laughed out of the room.

They've produced a top with a space for the sponsor's logo to be placed, it's not their fault that Wolves have then decided they want to offer the option of having it without a sponsor, this issue has been created by the club and there's no way they're a big enough force to go back and tell Puma to make alternative shirts for the kids tops that won't have a sponsor on, they'd be laughed out of the room.

Also, our deal with Puma isn't direct with them.

Like a load of clubs, we use someone else who then gets the kits from the Suppliers. Used to know the company we use but fooked if I can remember now.

Did I mention Puma being half arsed? I wasnt actually giving out about Puma, but as you are at it, they are culpable as well. Someone at Wolves signed off on the proposed kit with a big hole wherethe logo should be.

We may not be a big enough force but we are a customer of still a fairly decent amount of their product, it looks crap from both Wolves and Puma to have a blank space there a bit of co-operation might have solved it, I dunno maybe make all the tops complete stripes and then put the logo over the ones you want to sell with Money Shop on them.

Did I mention Puma being half arsed? I wasnt actually giving out about Puma, but as you are at it, they are culpable as well. Someone at Wolves signed off on the proposed kit with a big hole wherethe logo should be.

We may not be a big enough force but we are a customer of still a fairly decent amount of their product, it looks crap from both Wolves and Puma to have a blank space there a bit of co-operation might have solved it, I dunno maybe make all the tops complete stripes and then put the logo over the ones you want to sell with Money Shop on them.

But as pointed out earlier in the thread........that shite space will now make people ask for the Sponsor to be included, so it doesn't have the space and the MS still gets promoted.

It looks shite and it is shite but it achieves the objectives of the club and the Sponsor.

Look at some of the teams that Puma supply and then you'll realise that no matter how many kits Wolves sell they're still nothing but a drop in the ocean, even without considering the rest of Puma's sales outside of football kits.

Obviously the easy solution would be a kit with complete stripes but again that would've been the club's call, the gap is a specific shape for Wolves' sponsor not just a generic box.

Wolves selected their design, Puma have provided it and now the club have made a hash of things with a last minute change to try and placate the fans who are unhappy with the choice of sponsor. It's the club who must accept all responsibility for the gappy kids shirt.

Back